Start getting them miles in

17 hours ago, jcm said:

Haha your [BANNED TEXT] there syrat of the season is a killer till you get a few nights into you then your fitness picks up 

Wish that was the case round here you have to walk for miles an miles to get a good night in The land round here isn’t laden with quarry it’s a hard old slog some level of fitness is needed to push on. I mean if your only doing a couple of hours lamp trip it’s not bad it’s true fitness picks up your body gets used to it after a few trips 

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season be on us soon enough, start getting the miles in with the dogs.  Bit of mixed mooching/running about like a lunatic and some road work in get them feet nice tight and strong. Pic from

Been getting the miles in and getting trimmed up now. ready to roll 

I just let my bitch free run, chasing this and that, she finds her own stuff if it's about.... Drop a few more pounds and she should be good to go come the season, the more stuff she gets behind and d

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Black neck said:

Plenty o time d I was buzzing like a b*****d last weekend come Monday I wernt so clever ? back 2 the drawing board ? 

Loads of time d no rush no point haveing a dog in peak condition for the season starts it’ll be burnt out by the middle of season ?? Been out on the pop d It’d explain not feeling to clever Monday?

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Loads of time d no rush no point haveing a dog in peak condition for the season starts it’ll be burnt out by the middle of season ?? Been out on the pop d It’d explain not feeling to clever Monday?

No going out for pop round these parts d this is the dead zone the army have barricades up shoot on sight and all that lark

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

No going out for pop round these parts d this is the dead zone the army have barricades up shoot on sight and all that lark

Land of the unclean..................................

27 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Land of the unclean..................................

oh you can mock sitting there in your castle lording it up and painting a few dogs y I'm risking me life dodging sniper fire from trigger happy border guards and gerrin licked down wi diseases 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Keep mine on there toes doing a bit of bushinh rabbits  .keeps them right .always go either first light or when it cools in the evening .

20200712_171833.jpg

20200712_172009.jpg

I used to always keep mine ticking over but with lock down etc iv not been out as much 

On 11/07/2020 at 13:59, poxon said:

Can you explain this please ? I don’t understand. 

38 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Can you explain this please ? I don’t understand. 

Dog gets fitter as the season goes on, at some point they’ll reach their ‘peak fitness’ in other words as fit as that dog can be, but they can’t hold that level of fitness forever, after a certain amount of hard work they start to get tired/sore and they go back the way a bit, in an ideal world you’d build up slow Sep/Oct, up a gear November time when the grounds bang on & the dog will be at its fittest for Dec/Jan/Feb when the quarry’s at its strongest.

Thats my understanding of it, all dogs will get fit at different rates and hold good levels for different times but what he means is, if you start jogging them mid summer and run the legs off them Sep/Oct they’ll need a lay off mid season, whereas a dog that’s been managed properly will be able to go right through till the end of the season

• Like 6