Getting the pup used to the new kits

Good to see he's gonna be steady with ferrets, he's a 10 month old salukigrey at 26tts so not gonna be my ferreting dog like my collie x whippet but always good to brake any dog to ferrets.

Few photos and also photos of the kits.

Lets see them ferreting dogs??

Atb LD

20200707_072453.jpg

20200707_072337.jpg

20200707_072140.jpg

20200707_072353.jpg

20200707_074501.jpg

• Like 8

Nice looking dog lad, ill maybe take him out on some open land and try him because most of my perm is rough hillly ground with lots of fences ect, this big pup dont know how to use its brakes so accident waiting to happen. 

Been put on my back numerous times when the fecker comes flying down narrow pathways ?

On 08/07/2020 at 20:35, ryaldinhio said:

This was mine as a pup first meeting em. She was over zealous first time and got a nip on the nose so has always give the stinkers a few yard since then which isn't a bad thing.

Screenshot_20200708-203427_Drive.jpg

A good nip always works well my big deerhound pup was getting a bit too friendly and a nip soon sorted him out 

when theres a pup about the place I usually get a big tray and let them drink milk from it with the ferrets but keep an eye on them in case you get a possessive pup but when a pup gets a nip they usually stay clear they are not long in learning that ferrets have a sharp end I have always done this and never had a problem  

If you want to use your dog with no nets try not to get your pup nipped this can make your dog stand too far back from the holes when it see's you putting the ferret to ground, seen this a few times. Brake your pup to a ferret that's been around dogs for a while and you should have no problem with them nipping atb.