Hw80k strip

I have just picked up a hw80k the overall condition isn’t bad but I would like to maybe take the inside and and give them a little polish and grease maybe? Is this an easy job? also is there polishing kits that I can get for angle grinder?  Any pointers would be great, example what grease, polishing kit if any? New spring or seals or guides for example

many thanks Jake w

Super easy mate. So easy there’s not many tips one can give, just don’t loose the safety catch spring when you take out the trigger unit... that’s about it. Get ya sen on the YT, loads of content about stripping HW’s, and polish, tune processes. 

Banging rifle though mate. Best get thinking who your gonna pass it on too when your old and grey. They tend to outlast their owners ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rez said:

Super easy mate. So easy there’s not many tips one can give, just don’t loose the safety catch spring when you take out the trigger unit... that’s about it. Get ya sen on the YT, loads of content about stripping HW’s, and polish, tune processes. 

Banging rifle though mate. Best get thinking who your gonna pass it on too when your old and grey. They tend to outlast their owners ?

Sound mate and il be steady for the spring and yes I better start thinking then aye ? 

• Like 1

There are loads of polishing kits you can get for angle grinder but would they suitable for the the job in hand...............................I am useless with this sort of thing so I cannot say but here are some   https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=polishing+kit+for+angle+grinder&_sacat=0

I have a couple of Dremmels and have quite a wide selection of tool accessories including a range of polishing items and I would have thought the Dremmel would be much easier to use on the internals as a grinder is a bit on the wild side but this is my just logic and could be way off.  If you are right on timing, Lidl have been selling a super battery operated dremmel tool with a full kit of accessory fitting for about £25, well worth the money.  Good luck with it Jake.

Phil

Best of luck with it matey, whatever you do make sure you crono it when it's done, and very importantly, when it's had a half tin of pellets through it, they can and will easily go over the limit, they were never meant to run at sub 12 level, but 18or so ftlbs 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Best of luck with it matey, whatever you do make sure you crono it when it's done, and very importantly, when it's had a half tin of pellets through it, they can and will easily go over the limit, they were never meant to run at sub 12 level, but 18or so ftlbs 

Thanks mate and yes iv gotta order myself a chronograph if anyone can recommend one it would be great, also what grit is everyone using when polishing the piston 

many thanks Jake w 

2 hours ago, charlie caller said:

Hi Charlie how you keeping mate

hope every thing is ok your end

and you and your family are safe bud

Jake get your self a bench grinder remove the stone wheels and fit wire brush wheel on one side and a polishing wheel on the other you can get them off ebay and you will need polishing soap as well also off ebay

saves a lot of work .

Or use autosol and just the polishing wheel especialy on the piston

you can use the wire wheel on the spring ends then polish them up this way you dont need grit paper at all

The pic of the inside is of the spring chamber find some thing that will fit in a drill that you can wrap a cloth round and use autosol now DO NOT over do this part you need the piston to slide in not drop in

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P111212_13.38.jpg

P111212_13.39.jpg

P111212_13.47.jpg

P201211_16.40.jpg

P231211_14.05.jpg

P231211_12.25_[01].jpg

P140411_18.20_[02].jpg

P140411_18.20_[03].jpg

• Like 4
11 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Hi Charlie how you keeping mate

hope every thing is ok your end

and you and your family are safe bud

Jake get your self a bench grinder remove the stone wheels and fit wire brush wheel on one side and a polishing wheel on the other you can get them off ebay and you will need polishing soap as well also off ebay

saves a lot of work .

Or use autosol and just the polishing wheel especialy on the piston

you can use the wire wheel on the spring ends then polish them up this way you dont need grit paper at all

The pic of the inside is of the spring chamber find some thing that will fit in a drill that you can wrap a cloth round and use autosol now DO NOT over do this part you need the piston to slide in not drop in

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P111212_13.38.jpg

P111212_13.39.jpg

P111212_13.47.jpg

P201211_16.40.jpg

P231211_14.05.jpg

P231211_12.25_[01].jpg

P140411_18.20_[02].jpg

P140411_18.20_[03].jpg

Lovely job there mate and yes il get my self a bench grinder this weekend from car boot then hopefully when I’m in the process of doing it il post some photos let everyone know how I got on I’m sure il have more questions thanks for your reply mate 

• Like 1