Starting early this year, must be all the rain.

I now think this is the Ruby Bolete and not the Red Cracking Bolete, not for eating.

IMG_2069.jpeg.8a187db32ed272c420589c9469447639.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 5
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting early this year, must be all the rain.  I now think this is the Ruby Bolete and not the Red Cracking Bolete, not for eating. Cheers Arry  

Just got back from the fishing comp and a bit knackered but I know there would be a bit of Fungi about after this drop of rain the last week. So went for a short mooch , good job would have missed the

I grew this reishi on wood chip from my hazel coppice  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the fishing comp and a bit knackered but I know there would be a bit of Fungi about after this drop of rain the last week. So went for a short mooch , good job would have missed these. 26 Ceps and a feed of Field Mushrooms and Chanterelles, well chuffed.

IMG_2313.jpeg.86c9a3bda7a4e96f5b18124d261968d0.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
Just now, Arry said:

Just got back from the fishing comp and a bit knackered but I know there would be a bit of Fungi about after this drop of rain the last week. So went for a short mooch , good job would have missed these. 26 Ceps and a feed of Field Mushrooms and Chanterelles, well chuffed.

IMG_2313.jpeg.86c9a3bda7a4e96f5b18124d261968d0.jpeg

Cheers Arry

That’s good going that chicken is selling £25 a lb frozen 

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

That’s good going that chicken is selling £25 a lb frozen 

Bloody hell I'm not that fond of it myself had a load last year, visited the tree I had some off not a sign yet. Was hoping I might find a Hen of the Woods one of my favourites but will settle for the Ceps. Going to have a mixed fry up on toast tomorrow and might dry the rest. Will have another look tomorrow at least another dozen coming.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Arry said:

Dryad Saddle and edible mate look it up though so you are sure but I know it is.

Cheers Arry

In the bag arry they smell of cuecumber only cut the smaller ones cheers and found a another chicken 

3368A0B8-7429-46E9-B70A-516FF7550793.jpeg

85C324EE-7A71-432B-865C-CDC02DB07CFF.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers

Not just fungi that’s early, blackberrys have been and gone in some spots and the sloes will be gone long before October even gets here, seems an abundance of all of nature’s cupboards very early this year, hopefully a good cold winter with a month or more of snow ??

1804AFA3-CA3F-400C-8BE5-4F1025B22EFF.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Arry said:

Bloody hell I'm not that fond of it myself had a load last year, visited the tree I had some off not a sign yet. Was hoping I might find a Hen of the Woods one of my favourites but will settle for the Ceps. Going to have a mixed fry up on toast tomorrow and might dry the rest. Will have another look tomorrow at least another dozen coming.

Cheers Arry

Are there certain trees the chicken favours and do they prefer a certain side of the tree as in n,s,e,w facing, was hoping to have been away on my boat by now and doing much more foraging but things have taken longer so might have a look for a bit of stuff now before I go, so at least I’ll no what I’m looking for next year ?