• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Olympian that got stopped ,I just dont get it,in my area ,coursing a problem ,old bill dont pull over a mini cooper with some blonde hairdresser driving it ,they tug a white transit ,if it so happ

Suit the prick better to sink a few Wells and give his distant relatives some fukcing fresh water, for me that's would be the meaning of BLM and save them asking in every ad break for £3 a month

f1 is wank nowadays... I grew up on the moors watching the Lombard rally, rally drivers have the real skill and there not a bunch of virtue signal pricks! if that wanna be prick feels so strongly

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Bear with me here mate. Lurchers were originally bred to provide rabbits, the odd hare and some gamebirds for their owners. Similarly, terriers for killing vermin, when needed, for stock protection. Unless, mordern day, it's just numbers/ego/BULLSHIT.

Now, if you want to 'test' dogs, get them in the pit or on the race track.

I await the wrath/scorn/criticism ?

Lurchers were here on our shores long before the rabbit ever was.

5 hours ago, joe ox said:

Lewis has more money than he knows what to do with, shags beautiful women, is at the top of the tree iis at the top of the tree n his chosen profession but is complaining about racism!

I fail to see how he has been held back or has anything to complain about?

He's a  top of the tree if he was on here joe you would be reported for racism 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Without some people on here wishing to rip my larynx out, can I just ask why some people wish to 'test' their dogs to the extent that they will/might fail? Always puzzled me

Ive always admired lads Who load the odds in favour of the quarry . 

it’s hard to imagine the saitisfaction if slipping a dog at a hare that’s 200 yd’s away and starting to lift. Watching it rein it in and get into terms when most dogs are gassed by then . 

it takes a lot more than physicality , it’s conditioning , rearing and the development of the dog . 

sime types will never do it. That’s not a dig , they just can’t. Same as a bull x , it should be killing everything it gets into. I’ve been told that some lads raise the game from hole dwelling stuff to other types. That’s fair , imho as it’s like a terrier moving on from rats and foxes to stuff more challenging. 

but I do know that if I get a pup , it’s been bred from parents that have been very well tried and tested . 

As the saying goes , “Pavarottis brother can’t sing “ 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

See what you have started now stiff ?

Well, he hasen't started anything really. Just giving his opinion, based, I would imagine, from his experiences.

But the fact still remains, lurchers were originally bred to provide their owners with edible quarry, ie, rabbits, the odd hare and the odd gamebird, NOT to be tested on how many foxes they could kill in a certain amount of time. That's just the modern thing that people do to try to get 'one up' on other people. 'This dog has been properly tested' blah blah blah

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well, he hasen't started anything really. Just giving his opinion, based, I would imagine, from his experiences.

But the fact still remains, lurchers were originally bred to provide their owners with edible quarry, ie, rabbits, the odd hare and the odd gamebird, NOT to be tested on how many foxes they could kill in a certain amount of time. That's just the modern thing that people do to try to get 'one up' on other people. 'This dog has been properly tested' blah blah blah

I kinda get where your going but there’s a difference between what some people are happy with and what others require a dog to do. 

I like a dog that can kill a hare in the daytime . It’s what I like best as I find it an amazing spectacle. For me that’s the bottom line , it has to be able to do that . 

I think your straying into the world of mooching dogs vs for example coursing bulls . But what I will say is that those that are thrown from a Subaru on a dark night or slipped for money on the big land at a distant hare are the ones who improve the structure of the dogs that are used for all other activities imho 

if nothing’s tested , nothings proved 

• Like 5

There’s a danger in travelling to witness the best you can witness, if you see something outstanding then you will never be completely happy with any dog unless it’s as good as that.

In hindsight I’d say sometimes it’s better never to know.

The other danger is that when you don’t know you think something is really good when in truth it’s probably pretty ordinary.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I considered terrier work totally different from lurcher work in some respects 

Yes, of course it's different. But the ethos behind both was very similar. A necessity, not a competition, which nowadays for most people it is

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yes, of course it's different. But the ethos behind both was very similar. A necessity, not a competition, which nowadays for most people it is

I've seen more good terriers ruined by egos than I have lurchers. 

• Like 2

Dogs is such an emotive subject, everyone has different ideas.

Do what makes you happy and fits with your character, if you ain’t happy then shoot it and move on.

• Like 1