10/9 spun nylon net

Slowly getting there,,  think I'll knit around 80 yards then set it back to 35 yards,  I've chosen a 4 1/8th mesh on the stretch and when I add the selvedge mesh will be 15 deep,  damned expensive these days is the spun nylon twine and getting harder to source, but its for myself, once I get  it finished I'll post up a few pictures,, and a picture of my new splicing tool when I join the lines,,  thinking a nice 1.5mm line, or 2mm max.  

IMG_20200627_152124.jpg

IMG_20200627_151853.jpg

IMG_20200627_152433.jpg

Edited by netrigger
Spelling
  • Like 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it all knitted,, eventually,,  the place of employment has actually had me working full hours,, damned cheek,, anyway its 58 yards, which I'll set back to 25 yards,,  if the weather's okay I'll

yards,,  it should have been,, can't work out how to edit the comment,, you can see the fuzzy texture of the twine,,  I have been noticing recently on ebay and that face book place folk advertising 6z

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, netrigger said:

Slowly getting there,,  think I'll knit around 80 yards then set it back to 35 yards,  I've chosen a 4 1/8th mesh on the stretch and when I add the selvedge mesh will be 15 deep,  damned expensive these days is the spun nylon twine and getting harder to source, but its for myself, once I get  it finished I'll post up a few pictures,, and a picture of my new splicing tool when I join the lines,,  thinking a nice 1.5mm line, or 2mm max.  

IMG_20200627_152124.jpg

IMG_20200627_151853.jpg

IMG_20200627_152433.jpg

80 yards,,  it should have been,, can't work out how to edit the comment,, you can see the fuzzy texture of the twine,,  I have been noticing recently on ebay and that face book place folk advertising 6z spun nylon purse nets,,  no such thing,, entirely different twine,, I have been busy re-stitching the rings onto these nets that folk were duped into buying,, its not right imo,, false advertising. Anyway rant over. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

that is a thing of beauty my friend ?forgive my ignorance but is that a 2 1/16th mesh? 

4 1/8th stretched Fred,, so your spot on regarding the half mesh,, this spun twine has a fair stretch to it so this mesh size suits.. 

• 4 weeks later...

That's it all knitted,, eventually,,  the place of employment has actually had me working full hours,, damned cheek,, anyway its 58 yards, which I'll set back to 25 yards,,  if the weather's okay I'll get the lines and end pins added tomorrow. 

IMG_20200730_182819.jpg

IMG_20200730_182644.jpg

IMG_20200627_152433.jpg

• Like 6

I’m the same bill, I knit a nice little 20yrd net for a specific job whilst on lockdown and have still to put running line /pins on it. Nice net by the way, did you fancy something different material wise rather than your usual ?.

15 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I’m the same bill, I knit a nice little 20yrd net for a specific job whilst on lockdown and have still to put running line /pins on it. Nice net by the way, did you fancy something different material wise rather than your usual ?.

3/4 was knitted inside the fork lift cabin?,, so it's a "there time net" more or less,, I've always preferred a spun nylon, as it's nice to knit with, problem is that it's so damned expensive these days,, that net cost £60 for the twine, but hopefully a few meshed rabbits will ease the pain ?,, my plan is to rig it today,, that's if I don't hit the drink,, and I'll put up a picture of the new D splicer tool,, basically a bit of wire with a moulded pull handle,, wish I thought about the moulded bit years ago,, probably be rich by now ?

Did you get any of the 0.25 braid? Makes a lovely net so it does. 

Getting paid to knit .. I like that ? , the financial outlay won’t come into it when the bunnys are hitting the net ?. I’d like to see the pic of the splicing tool , think I may steel your idea ?. Last season Smithie used a net that a good friend of his gave him, I was impressed with it so knitted us a 20yrd 4 1/2”double Strander with the same twine for “the horse shoe field”  one of Smithies favourite drops and was going to invest in some 0.25 braid when I’d done that but with all this lockdown ( unsure of my work situation) I didn’t , but hopefully will.

• Like 1