Anyone got or used the Goblet Evo  catty......???

It's a bit late now because I've got one on order......lol  

But just curious as to people's thoughts on this particular frame.......

Cheers

Jay  ?

Yeah, I have one here. Very nice catty, struggled with it at first and could not hit a barn door. You need to shoot it with a straight wrist and the forks canted forward for the sloped tips. Out and out hunter does best with heavier bands and big ammo.

• Like 1

I've heard a few people say they are a tidy solid frame and they have all mentioned about the straight wrist shooting style......

To avoid to much hand contact......im assuming you only slightly push the fork tips forward  ???

No doubt  the hand will take a  few bumps until I get used to it......lol

Cheers

Jay  ?

Trial n error mate, on a good day they are one of the most accurate frames going (as long as you do your part) but one hand hit makes you question why the fcuk you bought it... you may be one of the gifted ones who click with it , let us know how you get on ??

I think we have just run out of new ideas as there are now so many people doing it for a living  as apposed to a hobby it’s hard to come up with a working design that’s not already been done, so we end up with things that look better than they work ? one day I recon someone will reinvent a Y shaped stick as a fork ????

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think your right there mate.........only so much you can do with a Y shaped object......lol

As you say it's become so popular now in the last few years and really taken off with people putting there names on custom made frames with there own opinions on how good a particular frame is and being able make a reasonable wage from it......

I've only just got into it really so still testing the water to see what suits.....

All the best

Cheers       ?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 03/07/2020 at 20:22, jayjay said:

Anyone got or used the Goblet Evo  catty......???

It's a bit late now because I've got one on order......lol  

But just curious as to people's thoughts on this particular frame.......

Cheers

Jay  ?

How did you get on with this frame i have been offered one second hand for a score and was going to give it a go though i am more than happy with the the scout catapult i have.

I have had the metal evo for a while but eventually sold it on. I really wanted to get on with it but just wasnt as comfortable and intuitive in hand as my old faithful multiplex HH.

Just my experiance. If it clicks with you then great - lovely bit of bomb proof kit and looks really nice!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I ended up buying the evo off a workmates brother and up to now I am impressed with it and finding it better than the scout due to it's weight though I am thinking of wrapping some paracord or tape around the handle. 

I put a bit of camo tape on my metal frames, warmer on the hand in the cold and not slippery when wet ??

32E07233-419A-46F2-83DD-D245875F05EA.jpeg

• Like 1