EDRD - Its Over

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonna post my form back & tell him to keep rest of my subs  to buy a drink or two for him & Irene  as a small thankyou for al his hard work over the years ( think i still got 8-9 months left t

If you know Dave personally you will know he's 100% sound guy who will help you out if he can, anyone slagging the man off about anything needs to take a look in the mirror first. Not saying he's perf

I stopped having it when the peddlers and book sellers completely took over. Ive seen the last copy and not much has changed. I found DH to be a nice bloke to talk to and if I had ever dug with him I

Posted Images

Another part of the working dog scene gone to the history books! As said above I always enjoyed the mag and the books he came across as terrier man first and a writer second, well done Dave for all the hard work over the years!
Did anyone show any interest in taking it on in the end?

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Another part of the working dog scene gone to the history books! As said above I always enjoyed the mag and the books he came across as terrier man first and a writer second, well done Dave for all the hard work over the years!
Did anyone show any interest in taking it on in the end?

Like someone else said I thought Darcy or Sleight may have taken it on 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rat face said:

What’s happened to him his he still writing books?

He was still contributing to EDRD right until the last issue, don't know about recent books. His articles were generally my favourite 

DSC_0438.JPG.90701a2ac5ee70e7c9fd0a2ab8e14651.JPG

Met Dave a few times, always a gentleman, made time to come over and have a chat to me.... I wish him all the best, he kept it going for alot longer than we all thought. God bless him?

Started selling off all my hunting books, except the ones by Mr. Harcombe... Hopefully my lads enjoy them like I did. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, poxon said:

Cmw never heard of it northern surly you mean the story tellers weekly ? 

4 hours ago, poxon said:

Cmw never heard of it northern surly you mean the story tellers weekly ? 

They should call it glover expert on everything canine but done feck all  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sad news liked edrd mag spoke to dave few times on the phone always a gent  met him few times at the welsh gamefair was invited down few times too but just never got round to it there was talk about Jason powell taking it over a while back but don't know what happened but good luck to dave atb

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Gutted. I Don’t belive he ever did the Mag Purely for financial reasons Ive subscribed since 1992 edition no. 2 & anytime ive met him at gamefairs or spoken on phone he always came over well. I sent him a waterproof coat once & he gifted me 12 months subscription. Sad day. Atb

Not quite... Not the mag direct but it was always about his friends that made a lot of money from selling pups...

That said, its still a shame the mag has come to an end.

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

They should call it glover expert on everything canine but done feck all  ?

About ten yrs or more ago it was pretty good there was some good right ups in there back then I used to enjoy a nose in the running dog bit in my lunch break at work I only used to buy it for the running dog section but then it become like the same old same old thing it was like a cycle nothing of no worth  the people doing the write ups you could just tell they were people writing dribble without no real information It become like a bloody story book Towards the end when I stoped buying it every time I’d read it it was like a story being told to a 5yr old an that no one else gets out an does a bit bar the person that writes the story being told in the cmw I thought bugger it I’d rather save me money spend it on me dogs 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, poxon said:

About ten yrs or more ago it was pretty good there was some good right ups in there back then I used to enjoy a nose in the running dog bit in my lunch break at work I only used to buy it for the running dog section but then it become like the same old same old thing it was like a cycle nothing of no worth  the people doing the write ups you could just tell they were people writing dribble without no real information It become like a bloody story book Towards the end when I stoped buying it every time I’d read it it was like a story being told to a 5yr old an that no one else gets out an does a bit bar the person that writes the story being told in the cmw I thought bugger it I’d rather save me money spend it on me dogs 

Everytime you look in it glover who is tracy allens blue eyed boy even tho he ginger is writeing some drivel about saveing this breed or out crossing something yet no one has done more damage to the bedlington terrier than him  ? And his self claimed ( famous) mad ratter ? Lol every word he writes you could say its plummer who incidentally he worshiped ? Wish it would back to good old shooting news days ( lloyd on lurchers , terrier and lurcher take about etc ? ) it was a good read then ? Rant over ? 

• Like 8

Not subscribed to it for years and remember buying some early copies in a news agents in Rotherham tbh i reckon the younger generation of dog men reading and subscribing to a magazine like this would not enter their minds and no doubt the antis will see the end of this mag as some sort of victory no doubt.

• Like 3