Conie control

On checking the forecast I was relieved to see that there was a window between the thunderstorms of a few hours so decided to go and have a look for some rabbits. I had to dodge the showers a bit but not too bad. I initially headed to a bit of ground I haven't shot for over a year , got chased off 1 field by some frisky cows ( bovine variety ). Quite a few rabbits about so looking good but did get a couple with signs of myxy so hope it doesnt take hold. View from top of the hill....

20200627_195931.jpg

20200628_000712.jpg

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Great effort mate. Plenty up with you. I will send some ferrets up in post?

Haven't been ferretting for years now but have a few good spots to do this year. Might have to find a trustworthy Feretter this winter.

That’s a great bag . I haven’t been able to harvest that many for about 10 years. A soon as they start to make a bit of a comeback either VHD our Myxomatosis knocks em back again . I am like a red indian now and only take what I need and never have a surplus for the game dealer, even though they are fetching a good price . I reckon if I hit them too hard I’d wipe them out and I wouldn’t want a shoot with no bunnies. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

That’s a great bag . I haven’t been able to harvest that many for about 10 years. A soon as they start to make a bit of a comeback either VHD our Myxomatosis knocks em back again . I am like a red indian now and only take what I need and never have a surplus for the game dealer, even though they are fetching a good price . I reckon if I hit them too hard I’d wipe them out and I wouldn’t want a shoot with no bunnies. 

Totally agree the countryside is not the same without the humble bunny hopping about. No worries about wiping them out on this ground , traditionally always had a healthy population. 

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Totally agree the countryside is not the same without the humble bunny hopping about. No worries about wiping them out on this ground , traditionally always had a healthy population. 

I hope for your sake it stays that way . We had rabbits here in good numbers and I could regularly harvest 20/30 in no time with a quad and 22lr . If I did that now I don’t think the population could take it . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I hope for your sake it stays that way . We had rabbits here in good numbers and I could regularly harvest 20/30 in no time with a quad and 22lr . If I did that now I don’t think the population could take it . 

I hope it stays like that too but the ground borders grouse moors where there are plenty.  Just hope the dreaded VHD never arrives ????????????????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I use to say that. Good luck. Sincerely.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Haven't been ferretting for years now but have a few good spots to do this year. Might have to find a trustworthy Feretter this winter.

? I might know a couple of trustworthy reliable chaps