Set back

26 minutes ago, lurchers said:

So why hasn’t your vet put a cast on if it’s broken as I thought that would be the 1st thing on a break,mine had to as I said it done the same as what your pup has done,but like you say they might just be saying it to cover there arse.Did you see the X-ray or was it a hairline fracture.

They said it’s on the verge of snapping,and they won’t cast it coz she’s growing and it could leave sores and what not, never seen the X-ray with this COVID 19 they come out get pup took her in. No actual paperwork either 

31 minutes ago, RossM said:

They said it’s on the verge of snapping,and they won’t cast it coz she’s growing and it could leave sores and what not, never seen the X-ray with this COVID 19 they come out get pup took her in. No actual paperwork either 

With any look mate it’s just a hairline fracture and just bruised ?but like I said with my bedlington terrier bitch she was right as rain like the lads have said you have youth on her side.atb mate

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RossM said:

that's absolutely correct. I had an incompetent vet, a proper greyhound vet at that, who put a cast on one of my lurcher's legs all wrong: when she seemed to be in even more pain I went to my own, not a running dog vet, but very good, and she said the cast was actually pulling the break open even more. It's scary how much damage incompetence can do, and yes, this pup did get sores, from the new cast as the leg then had to be completely immobilised, but they healed in the end. If you can keep the pup quiet enough then nature will probably be the best course to take, and better a cracked bone than a ruptured tendon or ligament.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, RossM said:

Here is hoping, they have not put it in a cast just left as is, carry her out for a piss and a shit, back in crate. When she is sniffing about she is weight bearing on it. They also mentioned the growth plate “possibly” being damaged but wouldn’t know till they X-rayed again in 6 weeks time. I may be being naive and I know they are the experts  but I sometimes think vets and even doctors tell you a worst case scenario just to cover their arses.

whilst I’m devastated about the pup I am beyond furious about the emergency vets diagnosis 

As I said. It the first time I’ve been referred to this pace as a state of emergency I’ve attached photos of their procedure And my vets repair job. From 2013. If I remember correctly they charged £1000ish for that monstrosity.

genuinely think I could have done better myself

630A644C-ADA2-47B1-A989-A913FA126365.png

BFC4D7DE-2D69-4208-A068-6619ADCFD5E0.png

Wow, that just goes to show the difference in vets.

• Like 1

had the same thing happen to a terrier pup here he slipped on laminate flooring hairline fracture on the growth plate on his wrist six week cage rest then a course of anti inflammatory drugs an he healed up fine its hard trying to keep them caged when all they want to do is run about like maddies but hopefully it will fuse together fine and she will be fine atb with the pup mate?

• Like 1