Set back

Pup was taking a wee mad turn on Thursday and attempted to jump on the couch landing awkwardly, not to get too much into it emergency vets £302 to say she’s overreacting not happy with that diagnosis took to my vets who X-rayed and it is broken. Furious at the emergency vet for their sheer incompetence 

so 6 weeks in the crate. Devastated is an understatement 

6FAEA1F1-358B-4230-9862-DE2E8D460ED9.jpeg

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RossM said:

Pup was taking a wee mad turn on Thursday and attempted to jump on the couch landing awkwardly, not to get too much into it emergency vets £302 to say she’s overreacting not happy with that diagnosis took to my vets who X-rayed and it is broken. Furious at the emergency vet for their sheer incompetence 

Most vets are only after money mate rather than the wellbeing of animals it’s f***ing shocking & hope pup makes a full recovery mate atb cbx 

She’s only 13 weeks hopefully she recovers, age is on her side I’m hoping back left leg just above the ankle. Bet wouldn’t stookie it, but suppose they know best 

41 minutes ago, RossM said:

I’d take the x - ray & a written report from your vet back to the emergency vet & get a full refund, not because it’s about the money, just because they don’t deserve a penny after missing a broken leg. I’d make it well known in your local area for people to stay clear of them as well, not everyone would’ve got the 2nd opinion, could’ve finished the dogs career before it started if you didn’t, but at that age I wouldn’t be too worried it’ll fuse up fine with right treatment

• Like 9

Bad do mate ??These things happen fella don’t let it get you down I recon it’ll heal well to run?? young pups bones heal well because there soft I think westy on here had a young un break a leg A good few years ago it healed fine the dog In question has form for being a good catch dog maybe have a chat with him he’s a sound guy That’s approachable That will give you legitimate info without being a cocky sarcastic fool Like most on here that want to crank every fecker

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I’d take the x - ray & a written report from your vet back to the emergency vet & get a full refund, not because it’s about the money, just because they don’t deserve a penny after missing a broken leg. I’d make it well known in your local area for people to stay clear of them as well, not everyone would’ve got the 2nd opinion, could’ve finished the dogs career before it started if you didn’t, but at that age I wouldn’t be too worried it’ll fuse up fine with right treatment

I’ve done the auld shaming them on FB, your over a barrel with it being thee emergency contact. As I said not getting into it but they done a horrendous of patching my old dog in 2013 and I had to get that fixed too. 

My bedlington terrier pup done that years ago mate on its hok doing what your pup done,it healed fine mine just rest her and let her out to empty it’s self then back in the cage.Its horrible having to do that for weeks but does fix them atb mate.

• Like 1

Had a lab x bitch when I was growing up. She had her 1 front and back leg pinned as a young dog, she had a full a great working life with no problems. So fingers crossed for your pup. Having youth on its side is a massive Plus imo

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Had a lab x bitch when I was growing up. She had her 1 front and back leg pinned as a young dog, she had a full a great working life with no problems. So fingers crossed for your pup. Having youth on its side is a massive Plus imo

Here is hoping, they have not put it in a cast just left as is, carry her out for a piss and a shit, back in crate. When she is sniffing about she is weight bearing on it. They also mentioned the growth plate “possibly” being damaged but wouldn’t know till they X-rayed again in 6 weeks time. I may be being naive and I know they are the experts  but I sometimes think vets and even doctors tell you a worst case scenario just to cover their arses.

whilst I’m devastated about the pup I am beyond furious about the emergency vets diagnosis 

As I said. It the first time I’ve been referred to this pace as a state of emergency I’ve attached photos of their procedure And my vets repair job. From 2013. If I remember correctly they charged £1000ish for that monstrosity.

genuinely think I could have done better myself

630A644C-ADA2-47B1-A989-A913FA126365.png

BFC4D7DE-2D69-4208-A068-6619ADCFD5E0.png

18 minutes ago, RossM said:

Here is hoping, they have not put it in a cast just left as is, carry her out for a piss and a shit, back in crate. When she is sniffing about she is weight bearing on it. They also mentioned the growth plate “possibly” being damaged but wouldn’t know till they X-rayed again in 6 weeks time. I may be being naive and I know they are the experts  but I sometimes think vets and even doctors tell you a worst case scenario just to cover their arses.

whilst I’m devastated about the pup I am beyond furious about the emergency vets diagnosis 

As I said. It the first time I’ve been referred to this pace as a state of emergency I’ve attached photos of their procedure And my vets repair job. From 2013. If I remember correctly they charged £1000ish for that monstrosity.

genuinely think I could have done better myself

630A644C-ADA2-47B1-A989-A913FA126365.png

BFC4D7DE-2D69-4208-A068-6619ADCFD5E0.png

Ouch hope your pup mends up keep her boxed up bit longer than they say with being young and that got time on her side atb 

Edited by green lurchers

So why hasn’t your vet put a cast on if it’s broken as I thought that would be the 1st thing on a break,mine had to as I said it done the same as what your pup has done,but like you say they might just be saying it to cover there arse.Did you see the X-ray or was it a hairline fracture.