Wandering what you guys think is the best way to enter a terrier. My bitch is 1 and a half had her going ratting most weeks since last November and wanna  give her a go on something else. Lots off people have be saying build a tunnel and lots have been saying go find a fox earth and see what’s she does. Wandering what’s the best way to prep her and that.  Cheers 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you got land and a dog i'll come show you some time,but this time of year your'll be lucky to find a fox to ground to be honest.PM me and we'll sort something as i'm in south Norfolk and work in Su

My bolt gun no licence needed comes with 50 cattle killers cartridges ?

Bet this guys bolt gun not on license ??

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I would first familiarise yourself with the Hunting Act 2004 if your based in the UK.

I know the hunting act  I also know that you have The game keepers exemption to the act. And I still keeper a small shoot. Just looking for advice about entering a dog 

5 hours ago, Harry255 said:

I know the hunting act  I also know that you have The game keepers exemption to the act. And I still keeper a small shoot. Just looking for advice about entering a dog 

If you got land and a dog i'll come show you some time,but this time of year your'll be lucky to find a fox to ground to be honest.PM me and we'll sort something as i'm in south Norfolk and work in Suffolk so none it is far from me..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 27/06/2020 at 21:40, Harry255 said:

Just to make a point for everyone and not nit picking but any body with the permission of the land owners or a rep of the land owner can carry out fox control with a terrier and not just a game keeper ,just make sure you have a legal firearm for dispatch or buy a bolt gun from ebay for less than £100 and argue in court that a bolt gun is humane as a dispatch weapon and seeing as all slaughter houses use them you will win your case..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, fireman said:

Just to make a point for everyone and not nit picking but any body with the permission of the land owners or a rep of the land owner can carry out fox control with a terrier and not just a game keeper ,just make sure you have a legal firearm for dispatch or buy a bolt gun from ebay for less than £100 and argue in court that a bolt gun is humane as a dispatch weapon and seeing as all slaughter houses use them you will win your case..

You still need the dispatch gun on your fac cert to so I can’t see anybody getting away with one off eBay as it will kill anything like a bulletin gun mate.

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, lurchers said:

You still need the dispatch gun on your fac cert to so I can’t see anybody getting away with one off eBay as it will kill anything like a bulletin gun mate.

A bolt gun is legal for dispatch,ok i way being a bit well you know when i said ebay but a good quality bolt gun can't be questioned really in a court of law seeing as thousands are used every day in the killing of animals,you also don't need a licence of any sort to own one or to buy the blanks they use and if used correctly then how it is illegal or unlawful or why do you need one on a fac cert?.Or would you if you had a fac to start with need to say you have one,i don't own either and the keepers shoot everything i dig anyway to make sure it's dead as some keepers do so no odds to me to be honest...:laugh:,but that's my view of the law and i'd stand in court and have my day as if i had no other option on dispatch(can't find someone who's up for a day out with a gun) that's what i would do/did..:thumbs:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TonyT said:

Not strictly true.

you can protect game birds by bolting a fox to a gun.

digging is the last resort if the dog is stuck.

humane dispatch is a condition .

only a soft terrier though ??.

T

On the digging bit who's call is it on what is reasonable time to say the dog is stuck as a baying dog in one place isn't always stuck is it? and there becomes the grey issue,i'll not feed the other side as it were but i always dig for the welfare of both fox and dog anyway even though the law says the fox has to die in the end..:thumbdown:..

You don't need any licence and have a google search on buying one to see they sell them by post to anyone.. seen your question when typing out my first reply mate:victory:

• Like 1

Most dogs will just enter when ready just walk it around a few earths. You can't train it just give it the opportunity then once it stops moving dig nice and quick and end it on a good note. A nice clean dispatch and give the dog a rag afterwards then its on wards and upwards

81486951_708177123044468_3066447306057318400_n.jpg.d3c9c0b79aff4588b752fbd72b99ce78.jpg

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, fireman said:

A bolt gun is legal for dispatch,ok i way being a bit well you know when i said ebay but a good quality bolt gun can't be questioned really in a court of law seeing as thousands are used every day in the killing of animals,you also don't need a licence of any sort to own one or to buy the blanks they use and if used correctly then how it is illegal or unlawful or why do you need one on a fac cert?.Or would you if you had a fac to start with need to say you have one,i don't own either and the keepers shoot everything i dig anyway to make sure it's dead as some keepers do so no odds to me to be honest...:laugh:,but that's my view of the law and i'd stand in court and have my day as if i had no other option on dispatch(can't find someone who's up for a day out with a gun) that's what i would do/did..:thumbs:

I was under the impression that even slaughter men need a licence for a bolt gun as I remember a lad having to question why his was in his car to the cops,and he produced his fac licence but I might be reading this wrong mind.

4 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I was under the impression that even slaughter men need a licence for a bolt gun as I remember a lad having to question why his was in his car to the cops,and he produced his fac licence but I might be reading this wrong mind.

In a slaughter house of if being used in a official way then H&S will have some bullshit paperwork licence bollocks locked up but a humane killer is just what it says it is on the tin and anyone can buy them on line so,that's only my view of the law and i'd stand in court and argue my case if i ever had to.But to be honest mate if any copper saw a bolt gun in the back of a motor he'd be asking questions on why it's there anyway..