Single Men - You'll Be Amazed At This Simple Life Hack!

1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

The lisping essex prick was on a mates shoot and carried on shooting at the end of the drive,when one of the beaters pointed out the keeper had blown for the end of the drive,he replied "do you know who i am?"  

Sums him up to a tee self important to the max, he comes down to Southend pier and does a Friday night show on a restaurant at the end of the pier and fills it up with all his luvvy mates, and tries to block all the locals I can’t stand people who think they are better than others. 

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not owned a microwave for years... Mind we just bought a brand new cooker...company that delivers it took the old one away...for free but I had to take it out and put it at the end of the drive f

Keith Floyd bought a country pub / restaurant call the Maltsters Inn he changed the name to Floyds, this was in a village about three miles from me. Well on a stag night pub crawl of a mate mine someb

Keith floyd is one of my favourite chefs... a good slug for the dish and a bottle for me.... cannot fault that type of cooking ?

12 hours ago, mushroom said:

Keith floyd is one of my favourite chefs... a good slug for the dish and a bottle for me.... cannot fault that type of cooking ?

Keith Floyd was the daddy of TV chefs :yes:

I reckon he had the best job in the world- travelling to all them places, visiting them markets, chatting to the locals, cooking nice grub and getting pissed - and he got paid to do it :good:

• Like 4

Keith Floyd bought a country pub / restaurant call the Maltsters Inn he changed the name to Floyds, this was in a village about three miles from me. Well on a stag night pub crawl of a mate mine somebody reckoned we should descend on his pub. So ordered some taxi and arrived we were not going to eat just drink, thought Floyd not going to like this much in his restaurant. On arriving we all entered quite noisily Floyd was at the bar and to my amazement he was okay with it, he was getting loads. He made us very welcome joined in gave us all teeshirts got the yard of ale out and we had a f***ing good time. To be honest before that thought he was a bit of a snobby twat but he was a good sort. RIP Keith.

Cheers Arry

• Like 10
1 hour ago, PLEDGEY said:

In the 35 years me and the Mrs have been together we have never owned a microwave oven.

The OP isn't married There is a clue in the thread title. He has to boil his own eggs.

• Like 1
On 29/06/2020 at 10:12, FLATTOP said:

Sums him up to a tee self important to the max, he comes down to Southend pier and does a Friday night show on a restaurant at the end of the pier and fills it up with all his luvvy mates, and tries to block all the locals I can’t stand people who think they are better than others. 

Didnt that place burn down a few years ago ?....or is there a new place at the end of the pier these days ?

On 29/06/2020 at 09:23, FLATTOP said:

Keith Floyd definitely the best followed by Marco Pierre White a bit of stranglers whilst eating and drinking what’s not to like and as for Jamie Oliver and his soppy mate Jimmy and his farm that’s what the off button was invented for....

I found that Jimmy Docherty not a bad lad when I was chatting to him, friendly enough like.

It was only at his farm in a day out with the family and I had a right bit of craic with that little black Pygmy that works for him.....lol 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

I found that Jimmy Docherty not a bad lad when I was chatting to him, friendly enough like.

It was only at his farm in a day out with the family and I had a right bit of craic with that little black Pygmy that works for him.....lol 

I didn't know Dianne abbot worked on Jimmy's farm..

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Didnt that place burn down a few years ago ?....or is there a new place at the end of the pier these days ?

There was a period where it burnt down on a regular basis, there was a fire at the end of the pier with big damage twisted metal and all that, then another fire where the bowling alley caught alight at the start of the pier I drove past it that day just as the fire was starting, but the best one was where a ship went right through the middle of it the captain must have been blind or pissed as it’s lit up like a Christmas tree, there’s a modern life boat station at the end and a few restaurants and tea rooms you used to be able to get a beer at the end but not sure if you can now, for any of our Northern brethren or southern south west lads on here who are not familiar with this pier it’s the longest in the UK and the world  at a 1 1/4  miles long and it has a small gauge railway if you don’t fancy the walk.

As for Jamie Oliver’s restaurant Gnash I believe it’s still there I don’t go down there much.

Its not been the luckiest pier over the years but it’s still standing and will I reckon for many years to come.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southend_Pier

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
On 06/07/2020 at 15:34, FLATTOP said:

There was a period where it burnt down on a regular basis, there was a fire at the end of the pier with big damage twisted metal and all that, then another fire where the bowling alley caught alight at the start of the pier I drove past it that day just as the fire was starting, but the best one was where a ship went right through the middle of it the captain must have been blind or pissed as it’s lit up like a Christmas tree, there’s a modern life boat station at the end and a few restaurants and tea rooms you used to be able to get a beer at the end but not sure if you can now, for any of our Northern brethren or southern south west lads on here who are not familiar with this pier it’s the longest in the UK and the world  at a 1 1/4  miles long and it has a small gauge railway if you don’t fancy the walk.

As for Jamie Oliver’s restaurant Gnash I believe it’s still there I don’t go down there much.

Its not been the luckiest pier over the years but it’s still standing and will I reckon for many years to come.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southend_Pier

I know it ended up on the main strip there but didnt Tots club used to be on the pier at one time.......smashing pier that is its a nice walk on a summers day then up to the cockle sheds in Westcliffe some nice little restaurants over that way....do they still launch jeskis at the ramp there in Shoeburyness....spent many a day doris picking over that way as a younger man,funny days.

Blimey, I don’t remember TOTS being in the pier ?.....that must have been more than a few years ago.

I remember TOTS well enough......and their doormen, one of them had a Suzuki vitara that he loved......but that’s  another story ! Lol 

I might be getting Tots mixed up with another club.....or maybe even another pier its a long time since i went in for all that ?

All them doors down there earned from the same little outfit its always amused me how much more exciting it looked for the big screen ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

All them doors down there earned from the same little outfit its always amused me how much more exciting it looked for the big screen ?

Like the Wild West them days ! Lol 

On 29/06/2020 at 01:46, Ted Newgent said:

whats a microwave?

never ever owned one

never  will

On 05/07/2020 at 19:37, PLEDGEY said:

In the 35 years me and the Mrs have been together we have never owned a microwave oven.

Why is that then. ?    They are brilliant.   Ah don't tell  me, ...... you prefer the stewpot hung from a tripod  over a campfire in the middle of the living room and the Chuck random stuff in daily and row the contents round with an old branch.

• Haha 4

@WILF@gnasher16 Tots used to be in Lucy Road back of the seafront ( Talk of the Town ) and the Cockle sheds mainly the Osbourne Bros down at old Leigh still going strong, the arches down the seafront houses all the restaurants Westcliff-on-Sea area, and as for Shoeburyness I moved from there about five year ago I spent 24 years in the same house I liked it a lot nice beach up that way East beach and yes they still launch jet skis kite surfing at the shore house pub on the seafront. 

@WILF I believe you might have been a Grays man at some point good scrap yard there lol ?

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1