Ive only once ordered from SimpleShot and I got away without paying and import tax charges.

Im just wondering if anyone has experience of this, roughly how much your goods cost if you can remember or what you bought and an idea of the import charge.

considering buying a few things from SimpleShot depending on the charge.

On 26/06/2020 at 12:11, Mr Wilkes said:

Can’t remember the exact cost but I bought from simple shot and was hit with a £16 import tax... I vowed never to buy from them again, but I need another scout lt so I may bite the bullet ?

I got lucky then last time as I didn’t get charged, but I checked there site and they won’t mark as gift etc.... I was tempted to get an occularis and scout lt from them...but may wait till proshot have the occularis back in.

Edited by Shortstraw

The missus recently had a delivery from America - the value of the item was $48. The extra customs charge before delivery was around £15.

I ordered a Williams peep sight that was around $45 all in but, the seller declared a value of $5 so, I didn't have to pay any extra.

• Like 2

If you get something from the USA and the value is less than £135, you don't pay any import duty, but you pay VAT @ 20%.on the whole lot including P&P if it's worth more than £15.

If you get something worth more than £135 you pay a percentage of the amount over £135 (percentage depends what the goods are) and VAT on the whole lot including the duty you just paid. 

Either way you get to pay the courier/Royal Mail about £8 for "processing."

Sometimes you're lucky and they slip through. Most times they don't. 

5 hours ago, walshie said:

If you get something from the USA and the value is less than £135, you don't pay any import duty, but you pay VAT @ 20%.on the whole lot including P&P if it's worth more than £15.

If you get something worth more than £135 you pay a percentage of the amount over £135 (percentage depends what the goods are) and VAT on the whole lot including the duty you just paid. 

Either way you get to pay the courier/Royal Mail about £8 for "processing."

Sometimes you're lucky and they slip through. Most times they don't. 

Cheers for that.....worth knowing.

• Like 1
On 27/06/2020 at 21:27, Tel1 said:

I bought two scout lt a fortnight ago it worked out at £67 delivered I got a text of royal mail to say there was £15 tax plus £8 handling charge to pay before they would deliver

Wow that’s about 33%.

On 26/06/2020 at 12:11, Mr Wilkes said:

Can’t remember the exact cost but I bought from simple shot and was hit with a £16 import tax... I vowed never to buy from them again, but I need another scout lt so I may bite the bullet ?

I do like a man who has principles ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2