Trigger stick tripod

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use the trigger sticks all the time, they were definitely money well spent, I keep trying to get little Hugo’s dad to use them but he’s obsessed with his dog sh*t wooden chop sticks, that are ideal

I recently purchased a Primos trigger stick tripod with the two point gun rest . I wanted to get the rekon tripod but they are out of stock , and to be honest they are a lot of money.          Bu

Your not on your own there pal, I have to get out of bed on all fours these days ? In fact if I'm prone on the rabbits I'll lay there all day and wait for them to come to me  ? It's that bad

Posted Images

Prone .?  You guys have some very patient Charlies. They must be curious as to what you are doing setting all that stuff up.   Nahh.  Prone = Too low, can't see through the grass or any distance and laying in a load of sloppy sheep shit or soaking wet ground.  I know a bloke who fixed a couple of hooks on the back of his jacket and hangs a rubber car floor  mat .  He sits on this and used a long Harris. it's quite effective but The downside is that somtimes the sheep shit slides off the rubber mat into his wellies when he stands up. He now unhooks the mat when he gets up and wipes it off before moving on.   I made a long set of bipod legs and stand up. It is quicker to get into position, I can see further, can move easier and I  aint laying on the wet ground or in scouring shèp shit. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Meece said:

Prone .?  You guys have some very patient Charlies. They must be curious as to what you are doing setting all that stuff up.   Nahh.  Prone = Too low, can't see through the grass or any distance and laying in a load of sloppy sheep shit or soaking wet ground.  I know a bloke who fixed a couple of hooks on the back of his jacket and hangs a rubber car floor  mat .  He sits on this and used a long Harris. it's quite effective but The downside is that somtimes the sheep shit slides off the rubber mat into his wellies when he stands up. He now unhooks the mat when he gets up and wipes it off before moving on.   I made a long set of bipod legs and stand up. It is quicker to get into position, I can see further, can move easier and I  aint laying on the wet ground or in scouring shèp shit. 

I’m not a fan of shooting prone for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. Most of my shooting is done from a vehicle, which provides a stable, elevated  shooting platform. A lot of the guys I know who do a fair bit have flat , platforms mounted to the roof of their pickups and shoot with either a bag or bipod . Shooting prone is ok if you have a good vantage point and no little bits of vegetation in the way of your bullet . 

I shoot all my foxes prone , couldn't remember the last one I shot off my sticks. I always set up on raised ground where I can see a considerable distance in front of me and place out the caller. This works for me as we have hilly ground but I appreciate its not that easy on flat ground.

20200525_195931.jpg

• Like 1

What I want to know is does anyone sell electric walking sticks?

I understand you can get electric scooters but I have never seen an electric zimmer frame or walking stick!

Got to be electric, I think a diesel would be to noisy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's no two ways about it, a hilux is the way to go.  Been there done it ect ect.  You cover  more ground, up there looking around, move position quickly.  When Charlie disappears you can zoom Orf down the rod and come in and head the blighter from a different angle.  You can go of to another bit of ground have a set there, come back and see if Charlie has come back out.  Yep Hilux is King. And you can even leave KWIS a present for his blow flies by high speed airmail as you pass by. ???????

• Haha 2