Up at t farm

I decided while the weather was good I’d have a walk around the sheep farm, when I got here the farmer was separating the lambs from the ewes in one field so I thought I’d give him a hand, these are the third batch to go to the mart, the noise the ewes make is heartbreaking but it will not be long before they get back to sheep business, filling their fat faces with grass, I’ve brought the .17 and the .243 with me so a bit of bunny bashing and then I’ll put the caller out for an hour

C11BB659-ED11-48E0-8118-BAA64FD60832.jpeg

D7CA6DE6-2FC8-41E1-8BFA-88A926B8B336.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it’s just nice to get out and watch the world go by, I’m just sat on the bails now watching the sun set, I’ll give it another half hour, if I see a fox I’ll have a go but it’s just nice to b

I decided while the weather was good I’d have a walk around the sheep farm, when I got here the farmer was separating the lambs from the ewes in one field so I thought I’d give him a hand, these are t

I could of taken a neck shot the other night, but for the few deer I shoot it just didn’t seem the right shot for me, like you say I can wait for another opportunity when the shot is one I’m comfortab

Posted Images

Sometimes it’s just nice to get out and watch the world go by, I’m just sat on the bails now watching the sun set, I’ll give it another half hour, if I see a fox I’ll have a go but it’s just nice to be here on my own on a warm evening ?

53261A91-CA80-4A16-8F87-80378839D66D.jpeg

D9EF86D5-BF66-4B41-961D-1EB7CBFC9D9E.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I’ve just got in counted 32 fallow , 19 roe , and a good few bucks , nevertheless roll on 1st August (fallow) 

never took a shot , could not be bothered with all the flapin about as it was getting dark 

I only went out do do some foxes, never seen one ??

curry and bed 2.15 in the morning ?

atb 

• Like 6

Well I saw my lamp shy again. Green LED didn't make any difference at all ?.

Had a good walk before on another place but the grass is long. Despite that I watched some hares and good news....the rabbits are recovering from myxy.

I did find where a fox had caught a hare though! 

• Like 2

Well no foxes turned up so I called it a night just before 12, I’ve left a couple of rabbits out so I might have a couple of hours one night this week, I think I’ve got a day off this week so I think I might have a go around the shoot with the .22 and a shotgun for a change, just some general pest control 

11 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Same torch I’ve got Stav there a good torch I’ve got a white and red pill.

I’ve had it a long time, all my torches are nightmaster mainly because I know the lad who runs it ?, they are really good, one of the best things about them is you can buy every part separate 

11 hours ago, lllluke1 said:

I've had an afternoon on the clays.  Just set up a trap in one of the bottom fields.  Don't ask what my score was

it’s been a long time since I’ve had a go at the clays, I’m terrible with a shotgun so when I’m paying to miss stuff I get a strop on, I’d be better off with a bag of rocks to chuck at them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1