Price of pups

It's the same here atm,if you have excess pups you have to go with the market price or as said they will probably be re-sold for a profit.I wouldn't want to be feathering those asshole's nests.Sad but just the way it is.Best thing to do is not breed litters atm if this situation worries you.

Edited by Aussie Whip

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess you pay what YOU think a pup is worth. My last one was exactly what I was looking for, a well bred first cross Deer Grey. The guy wanted £250, a pittance, I thought, for the right dog. I

when   I was a kid there were lots of  mongrels and they would all work pretty much, and were free mostly, sweep was 10 bob and caught hundreds of rabbits far more than the runners.      

Anyone got a spaniel to put over my. Bedlington bitch we could knock out some ( Bed springs ) at a grand each ? ? 

Posted Images

Gotta totally agree with you guys 're prices   and your dogs   I'm More in to my gundogs   and prices are crazy   red fox labs now only coz of colour   1000 pound plus   black or yellow pups 850 to a grand    cockers 1000     I like to try to get a pup around the 7 months use to pick one up for around 800   now 1000-1200      I don't mind a breeder making a little   but now it's getting silly prices

As for all these designer cross breeds  your looking at  starting prices of 2000

Yet few years ago  before celebritys and all these reality tv shows  same pups would of cost about 250 max 

After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to do a bit of research on various websites and I couldn't believe the prices of almost every breed or crossbred I looked at. Almost everything was over a grand.

One ad for a lurcher with "rare merle colouring" was near the grand mark and another for a litter of lurchers from "excellent show winning stock" was roughly the same. 

Some of the crossbreds must have absolutely no reasoning behind them at all other than, "I've got breed A and I know someone with breed B so we'll mate them and rake it in." One ridiculous example was a collie x mastiff...no doubt with the intention of keeping poachers away from your flock! I've also recently seen kelpie x patterdales (maybe for herding vixens) and (I kid you not) a shih tsu x poodle...though they didn't advertise it under the obvious name of a shitpoo!   

Edited by Neal
punctuation
  • Haha 1

It’s only since this coronavirus outbreak the prices have gone up, not sure why don’t think there’s really a reason. Theres a lot of new crossbreeds appearing, not just your original cockapoo or labradoodle, which are basically their own breed now.

Working dogs should be gifted between mates, but pet dogs who really cares, I can’t get my head round the outrage, if you don’t want to pay big money for a dog just don’t buy one. As long as these dogs aren’t entering the working gene pool what’s the problem. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, white van man said:

And the winner is.....

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/2742890-guinness-fully-trained-obedient-lurcher-stone.html

fully trained so not so bad I suppose ?

That has got to win the prize for the most long winded advert ever wrote, what a load of old codswallop, unbelievable 

7 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

It’s only since this coronavirus outbreak the prices have gone up, not sure why don’t think there’s really a reason. Theres a lot of new crossbreeds appearing, not just your original cockapoo or labradoodle, which are basically their own breed now.

Working dogs should be gifted between mates, but pet dogs who really cares, I can’t get my head round the outrage, if you don’t want to pay big money for a dog just don’t buy one. As long as these dogs aren’t entering the working gene pool what’s the problem. 

Like has been said though, what if your pals haven't got the time or the space for a dog? 

It's either sell them on or knock them on the head, not many will choose to do the latter. 

Breeding to keep a line of a dog  etc   

And   breeding litters to make a business or just coz some people are to lazy to get off the ar%e and het a job   I know where I'd be going for a pup    

5 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Like has been said though, what if your pals haven't got the time or the space for a dog? 

It's either sell them on or knock them on the head, not many will choose to do the latter. 

Reckon if your pals are keen dog lads & the bitch is a good one that they’ve seen run they’d take a pup. Plus you never HAVE to sell something, you’ve always got a choice, people with lurchers often make out it’s the only option but in reality just want a few quid, my mates got a litter of 9 on the ground at the moment no money changing hands for any of them, the lad with the stud didn’t take a penny either