Price of pups

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess you pay what YOU think a pup is worth. My last one was exactly what I was looking for, a well bred first cross Deer Grey. The guy wanted £250, a pittance, I thought, for the right dog. I

when   I was a kid there were lots of  mongrels and they would all work pretty much, and were free mostly, sweep was 10 bob and caught hundreds of rabbits far more than the runners.      

Anyone got a spaniel to put over my. Bedlington bitch we could knock out some ( Bed springs ) at a grand each ? ? 

Posted Images

Young dog I’ve got at the moment was gifted, getting a pup gifted off the same lad next month, way it should be between mates, but on the other hand all the expensive lurchers nobody’s forcing you to buy one so best just ignored 

Had lurchers all my life,absolutely gob smacked by the prices, pups are going for at the moment, bred a few litters years ago,gifted  pups to lads i knew would graft them, had pups gifted to me by genuine dog men, bought a couple in these last few years, paid 15 pounds in 70s for a deerxgrey from john nuttall clitheroe, was agenuine dog bred the right way,paid 300 pounds 4years ago for my last pup but the way i see it now is , if you breed a  decent litter, feed and rear them right, have to keep them afew months,your not making a great profit selling them at that sort of price, i would never paythe extorniate prices  that some of these guys are asking for pups on the likes of dragon driving, but a fool and his money are easily parted, just my opinion.