Tikka t3x or howa 1500 in 308

Hi lads just had my renewal back and been granted my slot for a 308. Has any one got any advise pros or cons on the above will deffo be in stainless and will be looking at 20” preferably. I’m leaning towards the tikka as I have the t3x in 243 and t1x in 17 HMR. Just local rfd can do a very good deal on the howa’s with beserka stock. Also best ammo for each rifle. 
much appreciated 

Forget the berserk stock mate. Get another tikka. I personally never liked the fit of those unless shooting predominantly prone. Howas can be very accurate but a bit agricultural. I would definitely opt for T3 imo

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Marctitty said:

Hi sorry should have said I like the beserk stock got them on both my tikkas and it will be used for deer and boar 

Fair enough mate. But I would definitely have a good feel of both actions and triggers before deciding. But I think I know which way that will send you to the t3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m always open new opinions I currently use the sst in 243 in 95grn they are devastating rounds and very accurate but not always same in different calibres my mate will not shoot a tikka or hornaday as he hates them both lol 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Marctitty said:

Hi Walshie what are you shooting gun wise please. I have not thought about reloading as of yet but mite give it a go some day so it will be factory ammo for time being 

Funnily enough, a Howa 1500, not stainless though. It's quite heavy, but I honestly can't fault it performance wise. Had 3 bullet holes cloverleaf at 200 yards, and got 3 out of 4 on a 10" target at 465 yards. My 223 is a T3 which is a better made gun IMO but certainly no more accurate. 

4 minutes ago, David.evans said:

That’s great marksmanship Walshie at that range ?

I did have a spotter calling the wind. He must have messed up with the 1 i missed. :laugh: Just shows the gun shoots where you point it.