Mountain Hares

1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

‘Could not be tolerated from a financial viewpoint’ 

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, it ALWAYS comes back to money in the end, in some way or another.

If animals like the hare could not survive in a wild landscape, how did they survive before keepers came along with their guns and traps? We’re in the situation we’re in now, because men have twisted & altered the landscape to maximise profit. 

shadow   you are unable to see any ones view point but your own, your very like chris packham in that respect, I have lived in the country all my life, worked in it most of it, been a poacher, a bird catcher, and a gamekeeper, I ran coursing dogs 50 years, and speak only the truth, not just based on my experience, but science also, sadly money does have a large impact on how the countryside is managed, as it does with every thing.

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you cant shoot them that must give them full protection so you have no loophole for hunting them IE flushing.  ( pre ban )

What like the bloods and crips like

That’s the trouble people believe everything they read on pro shooting websites, spend a bit of time in the Cairngorms & Perthshire areas you’ll see it couldn’t be further from the truth. Gro

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, two crows said:

shadow   you are unable to see any ones view point but your own, your very like chris packham in that respect, I have lived in the country all my life, worked in it most of it, been a poacher, a bird catcher, and a gamekeeper, I ran coursing dogs 50 years, and speak only the truth, not just based on my experience, but science also, sadly money does have a large impact on how the countryside is managed, as it does with every thing.

I understand other people’s viewpoints, but it doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll agree with them or accept them as fact. I’ve worked on shooting estates, lowland & upland, got mates still in the business but when it comes to mountain hares & their management I’ve got my own opinions and that’s what this thread is about

Also these lads saying it's a good thing, I presume dont keep dogs anymore. What is good out of a animal becoming "protected"?  fs under this perverted Scottish government you'll probs get about 5 year for accidently catching 1 ?

26 minutes ago, baz123 said:

Also these lads saying it's a good thing, I presume dont keep dogs anymore. What is good out of a animal becoming "protected"?  fs under this perverted Scottish government you'll probs get about 5 year for accidently catching 1 ?

We’d already get f****d for killing hares, we got thrown under the bus a long time ago. Plus dog lads don’t go out expecting to get caught, if we were worried about that we wouldn’t do it.

Its a good thing because hopefully we won’t have to walk a moor for 3 hours just to see 1 white dot bobbing away in the distance.

You put a brown hares in deep Heather no be much sport for a.lurcher seen some good runs of whites on burnt heather and tracks pit a mountain hare in a short grass field it would give a dog a decent run there cracking animals to watch on a moor  

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

You put a brown hares in deep Heather no be much sport for a.lurcher seen some good runs of whites on burnt heather and tracks pit a mountain hare in a short grass field it would give a dog a decent run there cracking animals to watch on a moor  

41 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

a mate of mine said they can be good on the right ground, I did not find them that  good, but I suppose  what your running with will have an  impact.

15 minutes ago, two crows said:

a mate of mine said they can be good on the right ground, I did not find them that  good, but I suppose  what your running with will have an  impact.

There no as good as browns but get them on hill grass they can shift  seen some good runs and anyone that thinks different  in saying that i just keep average dogs 

4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

you bitch

I am lol, but you cant compare  two different animals that live in different habitat, to one another rabbiting dogs will kill brown hares in long stubble, just  the same.