HW97K .22 Advice?

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Weihrauch HW97K from a permission I shoot at, the owner bought it, shot about 100 pellets through it and put it away, never to be used again. It needs a good clean, very light surface rust appearing in parts, it’s never seen any oil.

My intention is to strip it down, give it a good clean, polish any moving parts, regrease and put back together. Is there a good tuning kit I can buy off the shelf for it to install?

What type of ft lbs should I be looking at from it, also what pellets are suitable for it? I use Weihrauch own pellets on my HW100 with cracking groupings. I have tins of AA Field, Falcon Accuracy +, JSB Diablo all in 5.52?

Any other advice you can offer will be appreciated.

Cheers...

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Tbt ,  paul short , wonky donkey, Welch willy . All I did to mine is a polish , no kit 

or you could send it away to bloke  called  Si brown on here ??

Great stuff...Will he give it a service & tune it?

Firstly. Bangin choice of HW’s ?

Got mine glided and short stroked a few years ago and to be honest, it’s the last of the group I’d let go. It’s a joke how she spits trophies so well. I did try fields .52 for a few years but the difference in the grouping with trophies can’t be ignored. Yours could be different for sure, but any of the kits or a mr brown seeing too would be properly recommended.

12 hours ago, Dervburner said:

If you ask nicely, he might even put a hair curler conversion in the sharp end for ya’ as well, then it will be smoother and quieter ??

haha.. cant go wrong with a pack of curlers:laugh:

Gaola pm'd me last night and the advice I give to anyone who can use a hammer and screwdriver is do it yourself, its so easy and you save a fortune!

ill do it for him if he wants but ive said id give him a full blown what to buy and walk through?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gaoler,

I bought my HW97K .177 from a member called Piano Man, or Simon and he advised that the rifle has been highly polished internally and a Sandwell Field Sports kit installed.

I`m no gunsmith buddy but you sure have bought a quality rifle there :good:, I would never let go of mine.

I was also nudged by Mitch, Villaman ( Villa`s  only supporter :laugh: ) to use the lightweight pellets JSB Exact Express and Falcon Accuracy Plus in my rifles, the rest is history.

I would suggest you get her polished and lubed correctly, a drop in kit of your choice and then try out all the pellet suggestions .

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am going to mount a Whitetail Classic Scope on it (x50 Objective Lense).

I have a set of Hawke Match mounts with a retainer pin, are these suitable mounts? I see many people use a one piece mount, your advice is welcome?

Cheers...

I would go Sports Match or BKL mounts and have never noticed a one piece mount better a set of mounts with the Sports Match or BKL .

Sports Match on the HW97K wearing the Hawke Endurance scope, checked weekly and very rarely needs tweaking in the last three years.

IMG_1309.JPG.849ac729d46dd446f21a87a8e9714867.JPG

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mark williams said:

I would go Sports Match or BKL mounts and have never noticed a one piece mount better a set of mounts with the Sports Match or BKL .

Sports Match on the HW97K wearing the Hawke Endurance scope, checked weekly and very rarely needs tweaking in the last three years.

Cheers...

Cracking Shooting!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 20:12, mark williams said:

Some ridiculous shooting there marko. Spot on. 

• Like 1