Jump to content

Lures,flies,floats and anything else your making for fishing


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, kanny said:

First one clear coated with UV resin and finished ,picture doesn't do it justice I'm well chuffed with the result

20200617_190710.jpg

20200617_190722.jpg

Class mate👌

Just wondering if you could drill a hole and fill with sponge so you could inject a bit of fish oil.

Looks amazing 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first of five done ...this is all in colour shift paints so changes colour with the  angle of view.

Clear coated and tested ...runs a treat  

Moving on from lifelong cumbrian fantastic spoon thread  I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all things fishing that we make ourselves.  I've just started making some

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Class mate👌

Just wondering if you could drill a hole and fill with sponge so you could inject a bit of fish oil.

Looks amazing 

 

Thanks :thumbs:

I can't see why you couldn't. 

These are the learning curve prototypes there's better to come hopefully...my heads full of ideas lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Just now, Chaff said:

So I take its a specialist trout lure ?

I had pike goggles on when I saw it lol 😁

No it's a pike lure the originals were based on a trout shaped hence gliding trout

Link to post
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

No it's a pike lure the originals were based on a trout shaped hence gliding trout

Arh got ya now.

I used to get dropped off at the local canal during winter and walk and cast a lure/spinner for a few miles then the Mrs would be me up from pub a few villages down happy days.

I never caught any biguns that way, which was probably down to bad technic 😁 but stayed warm in comparison to sitting behind static macrell tails 😁😁

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Arh got ya now.

I used to get dropped off at the local canal during winter and walk and cast a lure/spinner for a few miles then the Mrs would be me up from pub a few villages down happy days.

I never caught any biguns that way, which was probably down to bad technic 😁 but stayed warm in comparison to sitting behind static macrell tails 😁😁

 

 

 

I struggle sitting still  ,after half an hour I'm off poking a wasp nest or something lol ...that's why I like lure fishing,always on the move :thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to post

you've made a mint job of them kanny:thumbs: well impressed. 

I fished solely for pike for donkeys years all over England the only method I couldn't get to grips with was using glides and jerks, I had 80lbd spider wire on me multiplier so I didn't lose me lures, best I ever caught on them was a bloody great gatepost out of Windermere:laugh:

been doing up loads of old airguns during this lockdown and one of the blokes has sorted my son out with two micro lure setups.. one extrema to the other. 

you'll be buzzing ya tits off when you land a pb on one of your own

108CD43D-EE19-4F67-B4BF-119198CFEBAC_1_201_a.jpeg.fd0d33c154e2c8decb7a418216fd75bb.jpeg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, si brown said:

you've made a mint job of them kanny:thumbs: well impressed. 

I fished solely for pike for donkeys years all over England the only method I couldn't get to grips with was using glides and jerks, I had 80lbd spider wire on me multiplier so I didn't lose me lures, best I ever caught on them was a bloody great gatepost out of Windermere:laugh:

been doing up loads of old airguns during this lockdown and one of the blokes has sorted my son out with two micro lure setups.. one extrema to the other. 

you'll be buzzing ya tits off when you land a pb on one of your own

108CD43D-EE19-4F67-B4BF-119198CFEBAC_1_201_a.jpeg.fd0d33c154e2c8decb7a418216fd75bb.jpeg

 

Thanks buddy I cant wait to get out and try them out but at the moment the local canal and contributorys river that are hot for pike are all weeded up and the lakes have been swarmed by maggot drowners lol . I've a few pike hot spots on the trent so i will probably give those a bash first  and hope they have better action than a gate post lol ....and yeah need to get some heavier line/braid sorted I'm only running 12lb mono at the moment.  my aim is to have a good selection of my own stuff ready for October :thumbs:

  • Like 2
Link to post

The flat sided crank bait is coming on ,I've decided to go with my take on the fire tiger pattern, lots to do yet but this is where I'm at and as far as i can go until supplies arrive 

20200615_214233.jpg

20200620_175301.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...