Lures,flies,floats and anything else your making for fishing

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clear coated and tested ...runs a treat  

The first of five done ...this is all in colour shift paints so changes colour with the  angle of view.

Moving on from lifelong cumbrian fantastic spoon thread  I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all things fishing that we make ourselves.  I've just started making some

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right   no laughing . I admit it; l'm a cheapskate.

After the previous  posts of amazing artisan lures l'm a bit embarrassed to post my recent efforts to make rubber lures on the cheap?

Still, it'll possibly amuse or act as a warning to others who are too tight to do it properly. 

Having seen how many lures were lost or shredded on our last boat trip l determined to make a few and bought a litre of Plastisol and bit of Poundland glitter.

Proper moulds are expensive so l used plaster of paris to make my own . I already had the PoP  and  some old plasticine in a drawer which l modelled into crude  lure shapes to form the moulds around. 

I was going to mak my own lead heads as well but via  my daughter    Santa had recieved strong hints and an Ebay link to a supplier of such things.

It's  been a bit of a learning curve and these first attempts are a bit crude  ? to say the least ,but hopefully the fish won't  mind .

And l've still loads of Plastisol left .20211209_162152.jpg.905791d468c6bce532745593ade7902e.jpg

?

Edited by comanche
  • Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2021 at 23:34, comanche said:

Right   no laughing . I admit it; l'm a cheapskate.

After the previous  posts of amazing artisan lures l'm a bit embarrassed to post my recent efforts to make rubber lures on the cheap?

Still, it'll possibly amuse or act as a warning to others who are too tight to do it properly. 

Having seen how many lures were lost or shredded on our last boat trip l determined to make a few and bought a litre of Plastisol and bit of Poundland glitter.

Proper moulds are expensive so l used plaster of paris to make my own . I already had the PoP  and  some old plasticine in a drawer which l modelled into crude  lure shapes to form the moulds around. 

I was going to mak my own lead heads as well but via  my daughter    Santa had recieved strong hints and an Ebay link to a supplier of such things.

It's  been a bit of a learning curve and these first attempts are a bit crude  ? to say the least ,but hopefully the fish won't  mind .

And l've still loads of Plastisol left .20211209_162152.jpg.905791d468c6bce532745593ade7902e.jpg

?

You are too modest. Those are as good if not better than some of the shop bought lures I have. 

• Like 1