Lures,flies,floats and anything else your making for fishing

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clear coated and tested ...runs a treat  

The first of five done ...this is all in colour shift paints so changes colour with the  angle of view.

Moving on from lifelong cumbrian fantastic spoon thread  I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all things fishing that we make ourselves.  I've just started making some

Posted Images

Got a couple of blanks out this evening  same design as the Last one I did because I know it works well but they are going to have a different paint job, I definitely know what I'm doing on one but not made my mind up on the other yet :hmm:

20200624_210530_compress41.jpg

• Like 3

Lead holes filled and sanded then all the wood sealed with super glue and the eyelets set it with epoxy, I run a screw into the holes first to groove out the inside of the hole to give the epoxy a better key,I'll cut the diving lips out tomorrow at work on the bandsaw and once they are glued in and a little de nibbing its time for some paint  ?

20200625_212322_compress23.jpg

• Like 4

I'm still waiting on paint to arrive for the two above so I decided to make a start on something  different,  my take on the classic banana lure, I caught a lot of pike on one of these large  jointed  bananas  back in the day ,hopefully I can recreate  one , still a fair bit to do but its shaping up nice :thumbs:

20200630_181946_compress38.jpg

20200630_195359_compress46.jpg

20200630_212727_compress43.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kanny said:

I'm still waiting on paint to arrive for the two above so I decided to make a start on something  different,  my take on the classic banana lure, I caught a lot of pike on one of these large  jointed  bananas  back in the day ,hopefully I can recreate  one , still a fair bit to do but its shaping up nice :thumbs:

20200630_181946_compress38.jpg

20200630_195359_compress46.jpg

20200630_212727_compress43.jpg

your gonna have to get a GoPro strapped to your napper when you do the acid test with these kanny, there mint ?

typed a bloody great big reply to your last post and put a link up to the spiderwire I used that was really good and the site kept crashing, nearly threw me laptop across the room ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, si brown said:

your gonna have to get a GoPro strapped to your napper when you do the acid test with these kanny, there mint ?

typed a bloody great big reply to your last post and put a link up to the spiderwire I used that was really good and the site kept crashing, nearly threw me laptop across the room ?

Cheers buddy...I've got some  spiderwire stealth in moss green on order at the moment  45lb. 

Looking forward to clearer waters to start throwing a few ,I should have a decent box full come October, that's the plan anyway  :thumbs:

• Like 1