Lures,flies,floats and anything else your making for fishing

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

No it's a pike lure the originals were based on a trout shaped hence gliding trout

Arh got ya now.

I used to get dropped off at the local canal during winter and walk and cast a lure/spinner for a few miles then the Mrs would be me up from pub a few villages down happy days.

I never caught any biguns that way, which was probably down to bad technic ? but stayed warm in comparison to sitting behind static macrell tails ??

• Like 2

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clear coated and tested ...runs a treat  

The first of five done ...this is all in colour shift paints so changes colour with the  angle of view.

Moving on from lifelong cumbrian fantastic spoon thread  I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all things fishing that we make ourselves.  I've just started making some

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Arh got ya now.

I used to get dropped off at the local canal during winter and walk and cast a lure/spinner for a few miles then the Mrs would be me up from pub a few villages down happy days.

I never caught any biguns that way, which was probably down to bad technic ? but stayed warm in comparison to sitting behind static macrell tails ??

I struggle sitting still  ,after half an hour I'm off poking a wasp nest or something lol ...that's why I like lure fishing,always on the move :thumbs:

• Like 1

you've made a mint job of them kanny:thumbs: well impressed. 

I fished solely for pike for donkeys years all over England the only method I couldn't get to grips with was using glides and jerks, I had 80lbd spider wire on me multiplier so I didn't lose me lures, best I ever caught on them was a bloody great gatepost out of Windermere:laugh:

been doing up loads of old airguns during this lockdown and one of the blokes has sorted my son out with two micro lure setups.. one extrema to the other. 

you'll be buzzing ya tits off when you land a pb on one of your own

108CD43D-EE19-4F67-B4BF-119198CFEBAC_1_201_a.jpeg.fd0d33c154e2c8decb7a418216fd75bb.jpeg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, si brown said:

you've made a mint job of them kanny:thumbs: well impressed. 

I fished solely for pike for donkeys years all over England the only method I couldn't get to grips with was using glides and jerks, I had 80lbd spider wire on me multiplier so I didn't lose me lures, best I ever caught on them was a bloody great gatepost out of Windermere:laugh:

been doing up loads of old airguns during this lockdown and one of the blokes has sorted my son out with two micro lure setups.. one extrema to the other. 

you'll be buzzing ya tits off when you land a pb on one of your own

108CD43D-EE19-4F67-B4BF-119198CFEBAC_1_201_a.jpeg.fd0d33c154e2c8decb7a418216fd75bb.jpeg

Thanks buddy I cant wait to get out and try them out but at the moment the local canal and contributorys river that are hot for pike are all weeded up and the lakes have been swarmed by maggot drowners lol . I've a few pike hot spots on the trent so i will probably give those a bash first  and hope they have better action than a gate post lol ....and yeah need to get some heavier line/braid sorted I'm only running 12lb mono at the moment.  my aim is to have a good selection of my own stuff ready for October :thumbs:

• Like 2

The flat sided crank bait is coming on ,I've decided to go with my take on the fire tiger pattern, lots to do yet but this is where I'm at and as far as i can go until supplies arrive 

20200615_214233.jpg

20200620_175301.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Top stuff Kenny , there as good as any custom lures ive seen on FB

Cheers buddy I'm getting better with the airbrush everytime I use it they are temperamental things ...things can only get better lol 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Stunning mate ,could be your new profession ,the yanks would love them ,well done ! 

Thanks 

They are a labour of love lol not sure I could put a price on them and make a profit, that said check out the price on these https://carolinafishingtackle.com/products/roman-made-mother-chaser-swimbait lol

• Haha 1

Kin ell!!!! Was relieved to see 3 available, first 2 I use will end up in trees ! Definitely think of it as a career yours are stunning, and can see the level of skill time involved ,a catchy name ,(ignore the non intential pun) and reckon youd earn a tidy wage doing something you love ! 

• Haha 1