16 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Tyson Fury would beat them all ' past and present .

If fit and healthy - mentally and physically he is the best heavyweight there has ever been.

He would of even beat Ali.

Just to good ' big and strong simple as that .

Just to many couldn't eat humble pie and aknowledge it ?

LOL. ..brilliant. ..you should do stand up

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

I remember excitable idiots telling me Mike Tyson was the greatest heavyweight ever when he was bashing everyone about......." wait until his career is over then judge him " i would say to people...........these days i dont think many people put Mike Tyson in their top 10 !

• Like 2

Can’t be doing with all this ‘who’d have beaten who’ stuff.., always going to be conjecture with no end or winner in any debate. 

Funny seeing the Fury cheerleaders out telling us he’s the best of all time again. Fact is his achievements amount to a good technical performance against a good but ageing champion, and victory against a ‘champion’ every man and his dog reckoned would come unstuck against top level opposition. For me, victory over Joshua would cement his legacy as the best in his era though, but lets wait and see the fight first.

• Like 1

I like fury a lot always have but to say he is the best of all time is a bit strong. If he beats the rest he will go as one of the greats

Ali was unbelievable imo the greatest of all time 3 times champion. Moved like a lightweight entertaining in and out of the ring. ( fury is entertaining and moves well) 

other all time greats joe Frazier, big George, iron mike, Holyfield, klitscho brothers Just to name a few. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I remember excitable idiots telling me Mike Tyson was the greatest heavyweight ever when he was bashing everyone about......." wait until his career is over then judge him " i would say to people...........these days i dont think many people put Mike Tyson in their top 10 !

Tyson was an animal in his early fights which people only seem to remember. 

as his career went on he lost his flare and movement. Probably due to his life style if he kept on the straight and narrow he would of been unbeatable up until the end of his career. But he like drugs, drink and women too much 

3 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

I like fury a lot always have but to say he is the best of all time is a bit strong. If he beats the rest he will go as one of the greats

Not pulling you up mate but why do people have this attitude of whoever shines in todays era has to go down as a great historically ?

Todays is a piss poor era of heavyweights whats the logic in calling the best of a bad bunch " a great "

When you do that it belittles names such as Jimmy Young,Jerry Quarry,Ron Lyle even Joe Bugner or going right back Harry Wills or Sam Langford.... simply because they boxed in eras that were too strong for them to win a world title.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not pulling you up mate but why do people have this attitude of whoever shines in todays era has to go down as a great historically ?

Todays is a piss poor era of heavyweights whats the logic in calling the best of a bad bunch " a great "

When you do that it belittles names such as Jimmy Young,Jerry Quarry,Ron Lyle even Joe Bugner or going right back Harry Wills or Sam Langford.... simply because they boxed in eras that were too strong for them to win a world title.

I agree with you about the state of the heavyweight division. fury will go down as a great of this generation.  

as an all time great like you put in an earlier post we can’t judge until his career is over.  Think I jumped the gun about on my other post saying all time great

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Tyson was an animal in his early fights which people only seem to remember. 

as his career went on he lost his flare and movement. Probably due to his life style if he kept on the straight and narrow he would of been unbeatable up until the end of his career. But he like drugs, drink and women too much 

Yep,I think that Tyson hit his peak at a young age,23ish?and it started to go downhill after that.right enough the drink a d drugs definitely got a hold of him but sadly exposed as a bit of a bully because when the going got tough (holyfield,douglas)etc,he didn't have an answer.unfortunately continued his career too long and in the end everyone was knocking him over

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

There's every chance the fight won't even happen ; both have to win their next fights first and the arrange a venue with fury not being allowed to fight in the UK 

Why can't fury fight in the uk? I don't follow it all as much as I used to, all the boxing politics etc has pissed me off

I have  learned that it's pointless having a discussion about Fury with a Fury fan as opposed to a boxing fan ,and yet there are people who I respect who rate him .....for me I will NEVER go along with this nonsense that he "moves well " he dosnt . Prancing about out of instance is not good footwork ,it's not even footwork ,it's just prancing ,over the years his other attributes have gone from fkn abysmal to ordinary ,if he wasn't 9 ft tall he would be lucky to fight for a British title .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I have  learned that it's pointless having a discussion about Fury with a Fury fan as opposed to a boxing fan ,and yet there are people who I respect who rate him .....for me I will NEVER go along with this nonsense that he "moves well " he dosnt . Prancing about out of instance is not good footwork ,it's not even footwork ,it's just prancing ,over the years his other attributes have gone from fkn abysmal to ordinary ,if he wasn't 9 ft tall he would be lucky to fight for a British title .

Kin el stan, you're reading my mind! ?. Lol ??. And like you say, he improved enough, or changed trainer, to enable him to fight the right way to beat wilder in the 2nd fight. BUT, have a look at how lowly/poorly ranked ALL wilder's opponents were. f***ing dreadful. Fury is easily the best opponent he's ever faced, by a country mile. And don't take that as though I'm complimenting fury, rather it's highlighting how mediocre wilder is ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

There's every chance the fight won't even happen ; both have to win their next fights first and the arrange a venue with fury not being allowed to fight in the UK 

19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Why can't fury fight in the uk? I don't follow it all as much as I used to, all the boxing politics etc has pissed me off

It's ok, just read about it lol ?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Spot on Stan, where would his movement got him if 4/5 inches shorter... Wouldn't imagine very far because he'd still be in range