I have been using putange traps which i really like, a while back i was having a few tipping the trigger right over without the trap going off, i tried something out to try and help that. I thought if i altered the angle of the trigger with the pliers it would help to stop this happening. I altered my triggers some for standard set and some for wide set, i have used them like this and i am confinced it helps a lot, only missed 1 mole in the last 2 months. I know a lot of folk never miss in them as standard but this adjustment has ramped up my success rate. As the trigger is now less than 90 degrees it is narrower at the bottom than the top it is naturally wanting to throw itself off the putange. It has helped me, may help someone else?

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

Edited by lifelong cumbrian
Add pics
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As well as cleaning the touching parts it also depends on where you place the trigger. With used traps I find it best to place the trigger higher than when the traps are new. It is easy enough to test the trigger action before placing the trap.

• Like 1

Never had a problem with mine I just give them a little brush every time I set them with a spark plug brush both the trigger and were is seats they work fine, I do set the trigger very shallow in the putange as well, IMO if you set too deep up the trigger on a seasoned putange might cause the trigger not to release,.

• Like 4

Another issue with older traps is that the spring tension isn't enough to cleanly eject the trigger. If you can pull the jaws open with your hands wide enough to place a trigger then the trap should be binned IMO.

• Like 2