The Future ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2 both showing a lot of interest in the dogs now my boy as been out ferreting & lamping since he was 4 but had spurts in & out ferreting but he’s always loved a night on the beam & that

For a good few years my youngest step son was my hunting partner,he was about 4 or 5 when he started coming out with me and the dogs and ferrets.A lad who never moaned he was bored or cold,even when i

He been all over with me and the lads, will walk miles in a night, sit around a dig and never ever moan, he's cold or hungry... Wish he was that well behaved in the house? Wether he sticks at it,

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

8F3AB23B-8F96-4C36-99E3-1E2EDA92D7F7.jpeg.939c4ea923484d16459ae57bdbc01b2f.jpegMy 2 both showing a lot of interest in the dogs now my boy as been out ferreting & lamping since he was 4 but had spurts in & out ferreting but he’s always loved a night on the beam & that’s why I’ve got him his own Lurcher & my little Girl nagging to come when season starts so only time will tell with her but she loves a walk & mooch with the dogs if she just keeps doing that I’ll be happy atb cbx 

Always good to get the kids involved.  Good pic with them both 

my lad not interested he likes his fishing more but am sure he’ll take an interest as he gets older I hope. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

Always good to get the kids involved.  Good pic with them both 

my lad not interested he likes his fishing more but am sure he’ll take an interest as he gets older I hope. 

Mine likes x box

It’s always great to see. I know people often go on about the youth of today!!! But offer them something interesting to do and 9/10 they will happily put down their phones and computer games for a couple of hours. My lads are now 10 and 14. I find I have to sneak out for a nights lamping. If they see me prepping my kit they will pester me to go. Don’t mind on a weekend but not on a school night! 

Keep them at it and it’s their choice if they want to keep it up or not. 

worth keeping hold of that picture Chris 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, white van man said:

It’s always great to see. I know people often go on about the youth of today!!! But offer them something interesting to do and 9/10 they will happily put down their phones and computer games for a couple of hours. My lads are now 10 and 14. I find I have to sneak out for a nights lamping. If they see me prepping my kit they will pester me to go. Don’t mind on a weekend but not on a school night! 

Keep them at it and it’s their choice if they want to keep it up or not. 

worth keeping hold of that picture Chris 

Totally agree with you mate if you leave them on they phones,PS4,iPads etc they will happily stay on them but I like get them out with me even if sometimes they get on my nerves ? but like telling um story’s of when I was they’re age walking everywhere local with my wax jacket & wellies on,pockets filled with nets,ferret box on my shoulder & a terrier with me looking for rabbits always came home with a bag full it was just the way of life for me from since the day I could walk my old brother had me out with dogs & horses & I wouldn’t change it for the world mate atb cbx 

• Like 2

For a good few years my youngest step son was my hunting partner,he was about 4 or 5 when he started coming out with me and the dogs and ferrets.A lad who never moaned he was bored or cold,even when i had him tucked in behind me during a blizzard and we had to walk the 4 odd miles home,a lad who once saved a terrier from drowning in a slurry pit by quick thinking when the two adults who were stood with him just weren't on the same page.A lad who travelled hundreds of miles with me ratting,ferreting,mooching and what not countryside related .Then came the day he came digging with me for the first time,we dug to a dead terrier and he walked off to the motor with his head down as i lifted her out the hole ,he has never even been out with me since and not even to go fishing.It broke his heart and i sure lost a bit more than a good dog that day...:cry:..

• Like 5
  • Sad 8