Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

1 hour ago, Boss-Hog said:

general and bruno was first bull crosses i see and offered to buy 500 long time ago will wouldn't sell em 

My dad owned both of them boss-hog, Will and him lamped together. They even connected our gardens at one stage ?He also had bullet which was a 3/4 out of general's sister dazzle.

• Like 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

I doubt anyone knows exactly when the first APBT's were imported into the U.K., but my pal imported two in the very early 70's.

He gifted a bitch pup to my brother and I,

IMG_1258.JPG.f7cd83daaa9510c2cb3b2430d8823879.JPG

I wanted to breed lurchers from her, my brother wanted to breed pure bulls.

Neither of us got our way as she was killed chasing a collie down the coast road in Newcastle !

In 72 I was offered the choice of a APBT x Grey and a Deer x Grey. I choose the deer x.

So, APBT and their crosses were definitely around in the 70's.

Cheers.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I doubt anyone knows exactly when the first APBT's were imported into the U.K., but my pal imported two in the very early 70's.

He gifted a bitch pup to my brother and I,

IMG_1258.JPG.f7cd83daaa9510c2cb3b2430d8823879.JPG

I wanted to breed lurchers from her, my brother wanted to breed pure bulls.

Neither of us got our way as she was killed chasing a collie down the coast road in Newcastle !

In 72 I was offered the choice of a APBT x Grey and a Deer x Grey. I choose the deer x.

So, APBT and their crosses were definitely around in the 70's.

Cheers.

Looks a beaut mate, talking of the coast road a French bulldog was picked up summer last year walked out from the central reservation lad in a van in front of me stopped and picked it up, lucky the roadworks were on and 30mph restrictions

Bitch my dog came out of was a weird thing. I can see her in my minds eye. I don't really think she'd match up to many concepts of the huge variety of looks we still call 'APBT'. There was just something about her.

Regarding who brought or bought what, from where and whom, when? I don't know. I wasn't everywhere. There was no internet. Perhaps there's some cross point of discussion opening up here?

The dogs I knew of and think of were got and kept for only one thing. And greyhounds didn't enter into it.

But, then; Didn't Plummer, in one of his earlier books, allude to some herbert who turned up with a van full of bodies, and, while I can't remember fukk all about it now, it was something like he had this 'monster' with him?

I wasn't there either. Couldn't say

Here's one of my early dogs. Before they became more common place and refined:

rsz_early_bull_x.jpg.15bfc2447c47385536c32285796a3eb6.jpg[

3 hours ago, Boss-Hog said:

na i meant harry got dog of me for [BANNED TEXT] dads nephew ,i know who ye dad was.i used stay with harry and debs had fly of harry for long time til h had him back 

I think I no who you are ,,,, could be wrong 

I am most of the time lol 

On 11/06/2020 at 18:36, Francie said:

This vid is up years, but it's a good montage, with a good song? (anyone know the name) 

Had anyone on here seen these dogs In the flesh, ???

Anyone any other pics of these dogs, there was another vid similar to this but American dogs, there was a colby dog, light yellow brindle white, was a cracker, but I can't find it. 

See my man , 

f***ing clannad again 

you’d think no one else in Ireland was in a band. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

See my man , 

f***ing clannad again 

you’d think no one else in Ireland was in a band. 

Is this the band your on about stiff, 

Wasn't sure, catchy tune though ?????

Atb j