Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

9 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Ffs  your having a natter about dogs ,don't call the man a liar ,him and gnasher arnt young enough to know everything like you ..be nice .

Stan use your head pal, every dog or every man I've mentioned he's either been hunting with or personally knows them, coincidence maybe? 

Gnasher asked me to name one colby dog that has done any work in the last 30 years. I posted the ped of the unknown dog and to my surprise he's had sons and grandsons off the same dog. 

I'm sure that you know the States is a big f**k off place, to have done all is some coincidence and makes me question what he's claiming. 

Now I don't like calling folks a liar and cringe at the thought as I usually let them crack on  but that's a step top far, especially when the fella is scoffing at my posts. 

I'm not having a pop at him just can't see it myself, nice to read his input tbh. 

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Stan use your head pal, every dog or every man I've mentioned he's either been hunting with or personally knows them, coincidence maybe? 

Gnasher asked me to name one colby dog that has done any work in the last 30 years. I posted the ped of the unknown dog and to my surprise he's had sons and grandsons off the same dog. 

I'm sure that you know the States is a big f**k off place, to have done all is some coincidence and makes me question what he's claiming. 

Now I don't like calling folks a liar and cringe at the thought as I usually let them crack on  but that's a step top far, especially when the fella is scoffing at my posts. 

I'm not having a pop at him just can't see it myself, nice to read his input tbh. 

Reading that ped of colby's sam, maybe swami got hoodwinked with 'rampages' sons and grandsons, unwittingly.

Just saying :ninja:

Just to say, I can't work out a 3/4 bred dog from a 2/3 bred, never mind follow half of these 'owner written' pedigrees ??

• Like 1

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,then Brian London's name was mentioned  and he said hed sparred with him ,( alarm bells were ringing in my arrogant know it all youth ) then sonny Listons name was mentioned ,a personal favourite of mine ,and ,yes ,he claimed to have sparred with him ,that was a step too far for me and I left thinking him a liar ...fast forward a few years the fella passed away ,and although he had no boxing career to speak of ,he had been a sparring partner for many ,including Liston ,with a write up and pics in the local paper ,now it doesn't make any difference to any one that I didn't believe him ,,,but what a chance I missed to quiz ,ask questions and learn from someone who must of had world of interesting stories ,knowledge and anecdotes ,by being a cynical know it all ,the only person who suffered was me ..be nice 

Edited by Astanley
  • Like 13
8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Reading that ped of colby's sam, maybe swami got hoodwinked with 'rampages' sons and grandsons, unwittingly.

Just saying :ninja:

Just to say, I can't work out a 3/4 bred dog from a 2/3 bred, never mind follow half of these 'owner written' pedigrees ??

Maybe who knows mate. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Maybe who knows mate. 

Further on from that, what I mean is, and you'll probably know more than I will, but from what I've read, fighting pitbulls has been banned in all america since 1976, so what organisation is accurately registering those pedigrees etc? And what's stopping people putting whatever dog they like, whether it's really in the line or not, on that pedigree,  same as some of the coursing fellas over here do?

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Further on from that, what I mean is, and you'll probably know more than I will, but from what I've read, fighting pitbulls has been banned in all america since 1976, so what organisation is accurately registering those pedigrees etc? And what's stopping people putting whatever dog they like, whether it's really in the line or not, on that pedigree,  same as some of the coursing fellas over here do?

There's nothing stopping them but the people who do that will get pulled up at some point IMO. 

If they're lying about peds then they are doing so for some sort of publicity and recognition, it will always come out in the wash eventually. 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

No I'm right, only because they have peddled doesn't mean they haven't bred good dogs. 

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Bob Wallace matched any dogs and didn't peddle them either?

Now I might get flack from this but I think you're a stretcher of the truth. 

First of all when I mentioned Scott American Bulldogs then of course you've been out hunting with him and claim his dogs were never any good nor were used for hog hunting. 

Second you claim some of the best dogmen in the States were begging your friend for dogs, the same for Richard Stratton when I mentioned him. 

Thirdly I put a ped up of a colby dog that had supposedly done the business in the last 30 years on Gnasher's request and low and behold you've have sons and grandsons off the dog!! 

Now I know lightning very rarely strikes twice but to do so three times makes me think rubbish!  

I could name more but I will leave it at that. 

You are carrying on like Gnasher, never once have I claimed Colby dogs are out there doing the business in the box.

What I did say is I've spoken to blokes who still claim they are game bred and still make a good outcross. 

I totally get that. 

but there is lads on here who have walked out and had dogs from some of the top names in coursing , digging and other activities . 

if a man says he’s been in someone’s company who are we to doubt in reality ? 

Yes I get that too but this country is like a speck compared to the States. 

Hey anything is possible but when I put up a ped on a dog that nobody really knows about from an old obsolete line then the alarm bells started ringing. 

I like reading his posts tbh and not slagging the fella, just find it hard to believe. 

8 hours ago, Greb147 said:

No I'm right, only because they have peddled doesn't mean they haven't bred good dogs. 

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Bob Wallace matched any dogs and didn't peddle them either?

Now I might get flack from this but I think you're a stretcher of the truth. 

First of all when I mentioned Scott American Bulldogs then of course you've been out hunting with him and claim his dogs were never any good nor were used for hog hunting. 

Second you claim some of the best dogmen in the States were begging your friend for dogs, the same for Richard Stratton when I mentioned him. 

Thirdly I put a ped up of a colby dog that had supposedly done the business in the last 30 years on Gnasher's request and low and behold you've have sons and grandsons off the dog!! 

Now I know lightning very rarely strikes twice but to do so three times makes me think rubbish!  

I could name more but I will leave it at that. 

You are carrying on like Gnasher, never once have I claimed Colby dogs are out there doing the business in the box.

What I did say is I've spoken to blokes who still claim they are game bred and still make a good outcross. 

I have spoke of Alan Scott before on a topic on lurcher forum.99% of what John r Colby of Texas has bred in the last 25 years has Sam in there.When you only get a winner every 40 years you better key on him.

You have tried to tell me how to hog hunt in Dixie ? Out of respect to dogs I seen die I argued with you.

Let me make some more lightning about some of Gnasher post.The Spiderman dog that went to oz had a few sons here and there was a family of dogs built around them still going strong but wasn't my cup of tea.I had one of Katie's last stud dogs he was a plug on his best day.Had dogs straight off tab and from Irish Jerry didn't like em.

As it sounds to me as though you have been took by peddlers and I will help you out. If you need a catchdog I will get you one free of charge just shipping.If a few members here can guarantee that you take good care of your dogs and your not just some idiot.No pedigree.

I don't argue about coursing dogs terriers or ferrets on this board I listen because it's not traditional where I'm at.When it's something I growed up around I will speak.

I do appreciate you reminding me of why I have stayed away from social media  until recent years ? 

PS peddlers have produced good dogs.But over time percentages drop regardless of breed or bloodline.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have spoke of Alan Scott before on a topic on lurcher forum.99% of what John r Colby of Texas has bred in the last 25 years has Sam in there.When you only get a winner every 40 years you better key on him.

You have tried to tell me how to hog hunt in Dixie ? Out of respect to dogs I seen die I argued with you.

Let me make some more lightning about some of Gnasher post.The Spiderman dog that went to oz had a few sons here and there was a family of dogs built around them still going strong but wasn't my cup of tea.I had one of Katie's last stud dogs he was a plug on his best day.Had dogs straight off tab and from Irish Jerry didn't like em.

As it sounds to me as though you have been took by peddlers and I will help you out. If you need a catchdog I will get you one free of charge just shipping.If a few members here can guarantee that you take good care of your dogs and your not just some idiot.No pedigree.

I don't argue about coursing dogs terriers or ferrets on this board I listen because it's not traditional where I'm at.When it's something I growed up around I will speak.

I do appreciate you reminding me of why I have stayed away from social media  until recent years ? 

PS peddlers have produced good dogs.But over time percentages drop regardless of breed or bloodline.

So you're confirming the dog was a winner in authentic matches, thanks as that is something that Gnasher refused to believe. 

The dog was around in the early 90's and according to the ped also threw some winners. 

I didn't try telling you anything, I told you that proper bred AB's make good catch dogs and you basically said they aren't used neither by Scott who bred the damn things or any other people which I know is false. 

If that's the case then why does that Cali Catcher fella who you yourself said you highly regard still use them and praise them? 

I've must have said this about 20 times, I've never said Colby dogs are competing in the game in their pure form. 

I'm telling you that I've spoken to lads over there who still said they get game tested and are still game bred, that doesn't mean they have ability or they are still walking the walk. 

Sam's shows were in reports but under a different name can't remember it anymore.If I think of it I'll let you know to help youre argument.?

I never met Cali catcher I talked to him on the phone twice.He hunts different country than is found in Alabama and might have a use for them I don't know as I called him to discuss lurchers.When I hunted with Alan Scott he did not bring a catchdog end of.They are good guard dogs though.His catahoulas ain't no account either.Only decent hogdog I seen him have in a WILD hoghunt was a Rhodesian ridgeback.

I agree with you about the last part you've said 20 times?

As I have already posted it's like bringing knife to a gun battle.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Sam's shows were in reports but under a different name can't remember it anymore.If I think of it I'll let you know to help youre argument.?

I never met Cali catcher I talked to him on the phone twice.He hunts different country than is found in Alabama and might have a use for them I don't know as I called him to discuss lurchers.When I hunted with Alan Scott he did not bring a catchdog end of.They are good guard dogs though.His catahoulas ain't no account either.Only decent hogdog I seen him have in a WILD hoghunt was a Rhodesian ridgeback.

I agree with you about the last part you've said 20 times?

As I have already posted it's like bringing knife to a gun battle.

Well there we have it, Sam was matched and it was reported.

Now that must have slipped old Gnasher's mind but I won't rub it in too much. 

Funny thing arguing over animals that had nothing to do with us, at least we all have appreciation in common. ?

Edited by Greb147