Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

On 18/06/2020 at 18:41, Greb147 said:

Ok cool, what dog was it if you don't mind me asking? 

Even if you saw one that doesn't really mean much does it? The line has been peddled till the sun don't shine. 

You don't have a clue what's going on in the States, I'd say they have more info on what's going off over there. 

When numerous people claim they make a good outcross and well known dogmen have used them as such then I'll take their word over an English lad off here. 

You specifically said they are not game, a very bold statement to make IMO. 

You dont know who i talk to and who i dont........likewise....i,ll take the words of people immersed in that world rather than a lad who was a babe in arms when the sport was popular here and learned everything he knows from books ?

• Like 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

Just now, gnasher16 said:

You dont know who i talk to and who i dont........likewise....i,ll take the words of people immersed in that world rather than a lad who was a babe in arms when the sport was popular here and learned everything he knows from books ?

And you have the cheek to speak of Redboy on the other thread, have you actually looked at the dogs pedigree FFS? ?

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

And you have the cheek to speak of Redboy on the other thread, have you actually looked at the dogs pedigree FFS? ?

are you now using dogs from the 50,s as a barometer for todays Colby dogs ?.....id say thats just a teeny weeny bit silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

are you now using dogs from the 50,s as a barometer for todays Colby dogs ?.....id say thats just a teeny weeny bit silly.

And when do you think Redboy was born, it wasn't exactly yesterday was it? 

If you want to mention that dog then those 3 generations back in his pedigree deserve the same. 

I was browsing over a few old journals the other day St B should of stuck at the three quarter stuff.

Funny thing was i looked over probably 100 -200 match reports and couldnt find a Colby dog within the first 3 generations.......still......maybe they suddenly came good recently eh ?

IMG_3178.JPG

I was browsing over a few old journals the other day St B should of stuck at the three quarter stuff.

Funny thing was i looked over probably 100 -200 match reports and couldnt find a Colby dog within the first 3 generations.......still......maybe they suddenly came good recently eh ?

IMG_3178.JPG

As above. ?

5 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Redboy dogs ain't Colby bred according to the ones who were there.

Screenshot_20200706-171628.png.ef226ec3ac98bab3443d50eeb2d8d483.png

Colby dogs don't come rednose.I thought you would know that ?

Edited by Rickshaw swami
18 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Redboy dogs ain't Colby bred according to the ones who were there.

Screenshot_20200706-171628.png.ef226ec3ac98bab3443d50eeb2d8d483.png

Colby dogs don't come rednose.I thought you would know that ?

?.....I blame the Stratton books for this fascination todays youngsters have with Colby dogs....for many of them its the nearest they have been to a gamedog so latch onto the names and lines they read.....ive got 30 odd journals here through the 80,s and 90,s and flicking through can barely find more than 1 or 2 odd references to Colby dogs in either show reports or adverts......to think they have mysteriously suddenly come good is naive at best.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

?.....I blame the Stratton books for this fascination todays youngsters have with Colby dogs....for many of them its the nearest they have been to a gamedog so latch onto the names and lines they read.....ive got 30 odd journals here through the 80,s and 90,s and flicking through can barely find more than 1 or 2 odd references to Colby dogs in either show reports or adverts......to think they have mysteriously suddenly come good is naive at best.

You brought up Redboy and was praising the line, do you know how long ago that was? ?

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You brought up Redboy and was praising the line, do you know how long ago that was? ?

Redboy dogs have been used extensively at the very highest level of the sport from the dogs own era until today.

Name me 1 known winning Colby dog from the last 30 years......just 1 ?

Edited by gnasher16

Only just looked at this post. Will read through it all later. Looks interesting and a rare event to have a good discussion on dogs. 

Remember to play nicely, agree to disagree. It's good to have a post with no blm or corona virus. 

?

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Redboy dogs have been used extensively at the very highest level of the sport from the dogs own era until today.

Name me 1 known winning Colby dog from the last 30 years......just 1 ?

You don't grasp what I'm saying. 

I know full well that those dogs have been doing the business for years. 

My point is you dismiss Colby dogs but fail to acknowledge that Red Boy was part Colby, unless of course you're trying to claim that his pedigree was fake? 

54 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

like 99% OF PEDIGREES OPEN TO PUBLIC ARE BULLSHIT ,THE CAPTAIN WROTE AN ARTICLE  and he was well respected about all the big names and their bullshitt

Tell us it's ped then pal.