Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Did you used to go on Mayfields old board mate ?....do you remember the black fella who was constantly arguing with Kershner about all that old Tudor blood he bred the Roderick dog that Elliot bred back to a Sixbits bitch i forget her name now but a chap i used to know obsessed with Colby blood had a pup sent to Europe billed as supposedly the best Colby blood outside the Usa....apparently none of the litter made the grade the one brought over here ended up in a pet home as she was cold as a cucumber the whole litter was a disaster....the black fella blamed it on the Sixbits blood ? he was a character.

?

I didn't have internet access back then but did log on with a buddies account at his house once or twice 

Colby throws cold dogs which makes them better hogdogs and would recommend for hunting type crosses.

In my opinion SIXBITS stuff wasn't nothing special either.

An old man I knew who is dead and gone called up the "Cajun" 30 years ago and said Mr F mine will go back but can't do much.The Cajun said partner I had some of them too I gave em to Mr Elliot.

I had a friend who lived closed to kershner who said they were real.

By the way I believe Mr Don was right about certain things.

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=102146

They were crossing Colby dogs with St Benedicts Bailey blood, they must know something you don't fella. ?

Next time I'll ask them to run through it with you first. 

Every person in 3 generation ped is a peddler.Sorry if this offends.

The first time I met Fat Bill was at a dog show.He came waltzing in to sell his books wearing sweatpants a dirty t shirt HOUSE SLIPPERS and he scooted his feet to keep them on as he had walked the backs off them.I had a hangover from moonshine the night before and had no patience for that white trash wigger.

He is the one who told me It's not important how they are bred it's who bred them and why. I followed his own advice and made sure I never seen him again.

The real ones here were kept by no name men but these families generally didn't pass on and died with owner although generally someone else would have been working crosses..I through coincidence became friends with one of these no name old timers.Over night all the big name peddlers started calling me begging for peds and wanted to gift me pups simply because I befriended a no name old man? Sometimes these no name men would be forced to sell one to feed the others.They would sell it to a big name for big money without a ped and they vanished in time.Seen whole litter go to a famous peddler when I was a teenager.I had to transport the stinking little b*****ds on a 2 day drive.

Nowdays real bulldogs would be found in Mexico or Eastern Europe.

The further removed from peddlers the better in my opinion no matter the work any dog does.

Sorry for long post 

• Like 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

?

I didn't have internet access back then but did log on with a buddies account at his house once or twice 

Colby throws cold dogs which makes them better hogdogs and would recommend for hunting type crosses.

In my opinion SIXBITS stuff wasn't nothing special either.

An old man I knew who is dead and gone called up the "Cajun" 30 years ago and said Mr F mine will go back but can't do much.The Cajun said partner I had some of them too I gave em to Mr Elliot.

I had a friend who lived closed to kershner who said they were real.

By the way I believe Mr Don was right about certain things.

Every person in 3 generation ped is a peddler.Sorry if this offends.

The first time I met Fat Bill was at a dog show.He came waltzing in to sell his books wearing sweatpants a dirty t shirt HOUSE SLIPPERS and he scooted his feet to keep them on as he had walked the backs off them.I had a hangover from moonshine the night before and had no patience for that white trash wigger.

He is the one who told me It's not important how they are bred it's who bred them and why. I followed his own advice and made sure I never seen him again.

The real ones here were kept by no name men but these families generally didn't pass on and died with owner although generally someone else would have been working crosses..I through coincidence became friends with one of these no name old timers.Over night all the big name peddlers started calling me begging for peds and wanted to gift me pups simply because I befriended a no name old man? Sometimes these no name men would be forced to sell one to feed the others.They would sell it to a big name for big money without a ped and they vanished in time.Seen whole litter go to a famous peddler when I was a teenager.I had to transport the stinking little b*****ds on a 2 day drive.

Nowdays real bulldogs would be found in Mexico or Eastern Europe.

The further removed from peddlers the better in my opinion no matter the work any dog does.

Sorry for long post 

St Benedict is a peddler, you sure about that? Everyone has good words about the fella and his dogs. 

Edited by Greb147
6 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

You're entitled to your opinion

It's not my opinion, I don't know him. All I can say is plenty  vouch for him and his dogs. Hell I've spoken to a few over here who were considering getting dogs off him. 

There's nothing out there saying he's a peddler, they all get found out at some point. Any more info on what you've heard? 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's not my opinion, I don't know him. All I can say is plenty that vouch for him and his dogs. Hell I've spoken to a few over here who were considering getting dogs off him. 

There's nothing out there saying he's a peddler, they all get found out at some point. Any more info on what you've heard? 

Anything I would have heard would have been years back as I haven't associated with anyone in years.If they selling leave them alone plain and simple.In my opinion if they register their dogs leave them alone.I would recommend digging deeper into the dogs and researching.

31 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Anything I would have heard would have been years back as I haven't associated with anyone in years.If they selling leave them alone plain and simple.In my opinion if they register their dogs leave them alone.I would recommend digging deeper into the dogs and researching.

I think that's a bit OTT tbh, many of great dog men have plastered pedigrees all over the web and such. 

What about all the Bulldog magazines over the years and books? 

I get your point though, all publicity is bad publicity regarding these dogs and it has done more harm to the breed than good. 

I've only heard good things about Benedict though, he's had good dogs over the years. 

I just think it's very bold of someone from the UK to claim Colby dogs can't be game because he hasn't seen any himself. 

Edited by Greb147
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 14:42, YOKEL said:

Indian sonny wrote a good piece on the Colby dogs a fair few years back now. Basically he states the breeders were so intent on keeping the line "pure" that the performance side of things suffered terribly. See if someone can find the article, tis an interesting read...

Yokel

Don't know if this is the right article, but what is says rings true for any line of dogs and the work they do. 

Colby lines 1 Untitled.png

Colby lines 2 Untitled.png

Colby lines 3 Untitled.png

Colby lines 4 Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Don't know if this is the right article, but what is says rings true for any line of dogs and the work they do. 

Colby lines 1 Untitled.png

Colby lines 2 Untitled.png

Colby lines 3 Untitled.png

Colby lines 4 Untitled.png

That is the article, iv been trying to post it for the last week and I couldn't lol

Atb j 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steak knife said:

Plenty of hearsay on this

That doesn’t mean it’s anywhere close to accurate!

I may be wrong but I’ll put my nose out and say there was some of the best dogs about in NI Co. Armagh for a long time ?

???????

On 18/06/2020 at 23:40, Rickshaw swami said:

Why are you commenting for?

You don’t know and are going by what you heard or were told ? 
Do you live in GB or IRE ?

1 hour ago, Steak knife said:

Sometimes better to say nothing than an idiot response. ?

1 hour ago, Steak knife said:

Sometimes better to say nothing than an idiot response. ?

See the first four words on your second paragraph was a 100% correct.