Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

Just now, Astanley said:

There used to be some Irish lads on here who had first hand knowledge of those dogs ,interesting fellas .

I think I remember a few on about them years back Stan but can't remember who. 

Just now, Francie said:

Thank you Jethro, I'm going to buy it ta

Not much in the way of stories or write ups in it, but plenty of interesting pics.

A nice book if your into strong dogs.

Atb j 

• Like 2

Scotsman max the sire ( depending who you talk to )sired by ed Reid's skipper  to one of the best lines of bull xs this side of the water as seen pye otter dee ect you will find a lot of info out on the said dogs francie in the film on the  gamedog forum 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3

i saw the red hand of ulster in the flesh,stunning dog,he was show bred ...came too big and went down the working road,,,,on  another note,on page 98 or 99 0f the irish strong dogs ,theres the waterford wheaten...we had him and he never made the grade,a lump of a dog,low in stature and low in courage too lol

• Like 2

I had a so called Irish staff bitch about 17yrs ago.very shallow stop on here.

Could see the English bull in here makeup.very leggy bitch.

I had a black staff at the same time.

I use to feed them bones regular.with nuckles on each end the black staff would chew away on the end knuckles.

The Irish bitch would line it up on her back mollars and bite straight through it effortlessly.

Tremendous strength in her jaw.

She was from psycho lines.

• Like 1

moonshine quit on more than one occasion, changed owners more than once and met  rather gruesome end if memory serves me well. and whilst it's true scotsmans max met his demise at the hands of the R.S.P.C.A. It was his owner who handed him in, voluntarily!...

Yokel

• Like 1