Shore fishing

Coden Chesil Beach will fish for the Dover Sole next month on the big tides. Walk towards Portland till you see a gate into the reeds (its like a house gate) fish there. Heavy traces so you don't lose hooks to the Spider Crabs though. Them Spider Crabs are good eating.

Cheers Arry

38 minutes ago, Arry said:

Coden Chesil Beach will fish for the Dover Sole next month on the big tides. Walk towards Portland till you see a gate into the reeds (its like a house gate) fish there. Heavy traces so you don't lose hooks to the Spider Crabs though. Them Spider Crabs are good eating.

Cheers Arry

We normally use braid; they don't seem to be able to cut through it like mono

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Arry said:

Been having a few Bream lately Guilt heads and an odd small Couches Bream.

Little bonus Scallop picked up on the low water.

IMG_1860.jpeg.fe6a8ecbfd7ab1a71a3c6c20c06227fc.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg.657e5cbbc072f8cb65bb514fc71517fb.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Nice one mate,  like fishing in the med nowerdays down south.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bell said:

Nice one mate,  like fishing in the med nowerdays down south.

We had a run of those Couches the best being over 2lb from the open coast about fifteen years ago. It was getting better and better each year till that big blow ripped the road out at Slapton Sand and surrounding area. It ripped the bottom out of the beach so all the little Clams were gone and the Bream disappeared , they are starting to turn up again though. The Guilts have been around in Salcombe estuary for many years but have come on strong in the last few years. Nice to see the colour in these fish.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
16 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Come past mine and grab a few crab if you want salts; few smuts about 

Only just seen this mate cheers for that offer bud ended up on a blank not even a bite was rough as hell waves smashing my line for 7 hours moving the bate around so much in not surprised but was good to get out still think I'll stay local next time. Cellers beach normally chucks some good fish 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Only just seen this mate cheers for that offer bud ended up on a blank not even a bite was rough as hell waves smashing my line for 7 hours moving the bate around so much in not surprised but was good to get out still think I'll stay local next time. Cellers beach normally chucks some good fish 

Yh I didn't even think when you posted about the fact it was easterlys wasn't it ?

Yh it does produce the odd good fish don't it 

22 hours ago, timmytree said:

Cook up a potfull of legs and claws on the beach, a couple of bread rolls and a jar of garlic mayo. Bloody gorgeous.

Make good bass bait if you can find a soft one I got my biggest bass on a whole massive soft spider crab 10 seconds after chucking it out under a float

• Like 2