I should have been a vet .......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates dog busted his stitches so needed patching up,  before and after ......      

You should be good, you have had enough practice in your knife making career ! 

During the 80s we all had a sewing kit with a bent needle, I used to dock all my own pups and inoculate them, I never once tried to impersonate a vet was just carrying on what I’d been shown, shame it

Posted Images

22 hours ago, big sid said:

i know a lad who got done for tending his mates dog they done him for impersonating a vet, plus other stuff all under the animal welfare act.

Many a vet impersonating Dick Turpin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just a comment I’d like to make on stitching up cuts ,pre whatever of course .You need to sew in a piece of sterile plastic tube at the bottem for a drain .About the bore of a biro ink holder and pointing down obviously ,rubber being the best .

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, littlefish said:

I would have been happy to leave that wound to dry up/drain without further intervention......

Needed closing as there is a secondary deep muscle wound ......

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, socks said:

No as it had a drain in for five days before he bust his stitches ......

Drain not evident in the original post/photos....but still, I would have left that wound open to heal without further intervention.....

• Sad 1

Honey makes a good antiseptic seal over open wounds, have cleared up some horrendous wounds using it, first used it to treat a hedgehog as I could not get at its injury’s and it worked a treat so use it now on any open wounds ✌️?✌️

• Like 3
On 11/06/2020 at 17:40, Greyman said:

During the 80s we all had a sewing kit with a bent needle, I used to dock all my own pups and inoculate them, I never once tried to impersonate a vet was just carrying on what I’d been shown, shame it’s all over now nice to see ken keeping it alive, good job mate ??

My dad stitches up half of the pigeon in plymouth after hawk attacks ; the same as he's always stitched any dog that's been in the house. 

A vet charges around 200 quid to stitch a pigeon ?

• Like 1