Got my new toy this evening in .22 flavour, seems a lot lighter than it is, holds nice in the shoulder ,not had time to shoot it yet, so hopefully over the weekend..., got a few pellet samples to try but threw in a tin of hades aswell as the  bsa s10 likes them too...

20200610_160118.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

there a brilliant little gun thats perfect for using round farms, I shot hundreds of crows hiding around the old barns and as for winter ratting there priceless,

your hands dont freeze off because its so light and its not coated wood, the mags might be only 8 shots but the fact you can load them with your eyes shut suits nighttime movers to the ground:good:

enjoy your new toy Phil mine served me well for years and the only reason I ended up with an impact was by default as I couldn't get hold of a cat in .25 fac

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

Cant understand why FX have put a hollow tube on  the end to look like a silencer..I'm confused.com ?

It quietens it down a bit but you can unscrew it and pack it out with sponge or felt and a birds hair curler and that shuts it right up

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

Cant understand why FX have put a hollow tube on  the end to look like a silencer..I'm confused.com ?

They did the same with my impact but as Si says, i put in hair curler and felt wrapped around the curler which made it quieter.

I would still have bought a Mk3 however, hope you got a seriously low price.

Phil

• Like 1
1 minute ago, philpot said:

They did the same with my impact but as Si says, i put in hair curler and felt wrapped around the curler which made it quieter.

I would still have bought a Mk3 however, hope you got a seriously low price.

Phil

It was no cheaper, but tbh i didnt want the mk3 as it seems every manufacturer that brings out a new gun ends up with teething problems for the first 12months.. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

It was no cheaper, but tbh i didnt want the mk3 as it seems every manufacturer that brings out a new gun ends up with teething problems for the first 12months.. 

Sorry Phill but I think you made a big mistake there but if you are happy, thats all that matters.

Phil

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, philpot said:

Sorry Phill but I think you made a big mistake there but if you are happy, thats all that matters.

Phil

That’s where we differ Phil, Mitch is with you as well but I’d buy the mk2 over 3 any day.. especially in sub 12.

i can’t stand crappy spring loaded magazines and I know how the power wheel works on the back and I bet it’s crap. 
i think the tight gits need to work on a good magazine system they charge enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Phil

We,ll see how long it is before these problems start arising in the mk3.....but yes.im very happy, even happier when I get time to bloody shoot the thing ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

That’s where we differ Phil, Mitch is with you as well but I’d buy the mk2 over 3 any day.. especially in sub 12.

i can’t stand crappy spring loaded magazines and I know how the power wheel works on the back and I bet it’s crap. 
i think the tight gits need to work on a good magazine system they charge enough?

Nothing wrong with FX mags , work perfectly . What other company offers 28 shot mag in .25 , but you are right on one thing , mk3 for me , better mag on them ????????

I have to say I have never had an issue with the mags on my Impact and far better mag loading than with the Mk1 and 2 cat, at least they have never jumped out into the friggin mud while ratting in winter. Can't think why the new model will be an issue Phill, FX have this technology well wrapped under their belts mate as they have a whealth of experience under their belt.

We are all different and if you like what you have bought, I am really pleased for you Phill. Despite me not with you on your choice, I must say they are a fantastic handling little gun and if my pension suddenly had a boost, I would be placing an order for the Mk3 ALTHOUGH I had a look at the new HW110k in the new beautiful laminate stock today, ooooh soooo very very nice guys BUT as can afford neither, it is not something I am going to give a great deal of thought to.  ?

Phil

• Like 1

Enjoy mate I have it 177 and it shoots like a dream get yourself a couple more mags and you will be well away , yeah the mk3 might have a bigger mag but in my eyes that the only thing going for it, power adjuster mean you have to keep zeroing it in unless you put a pard 008 on and set the ABCDE for diffrent power out puts 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, airbourne said:

Enjoy mate I have it 177 and it shoots like a dream get yourself a couple more mags and you will be well away , yeah the mk3 might have a bigger mag but in my eyes that the only thing going for it, power adjuster mean you have to keep zeroing it in unless you put a pard 008 on and set the ABCDE for diffrent power out puts 

I've already got 3 spare mags got them from eaglevision, couple of weeks ago after a couple on here recommended them, they look superb very well made, just not time to play with he wildcat yet nevermind the mags ?

16 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

I've already got 3 spare mags got them from eaglevision, couple of weeks ago after a couple on here recommended them, they look superb very well made, just not time to play with he wildcat yet nevermind the mags ?

It will be worth the wait 

17 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

• Like 1