• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't been on here in ages, just thought I'd share a few recent pictures of my pup Simba as he approaching his 1st birthday, he's all stripped out for the summer and showing my plenty of promise of

Dam and two of her pups today

Same way bred as my bitch this is her brother above from the same litter  there predominately bedlington/greyhound  bred now from lurcher to lurcher breeding of similar type on both sides of the

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Vicky Steadman said:

Haven't been on here in ages, just thought I'd share a few recent pictures of my pup Simba as he approaching his 1st birthday, he's all stripped out for the summer and showing my plenty of promise of what's to come this season. He's just touching on 26tts now, bigger than I expected seeing as dam and sire were 24.5 and 24tts respectively. He's had a handful of rabbits on the lamp end of season to get an idea of what the game is about and has no trouble picking them up, he's already used his size to his advantage a couple of times and keeping the freezer full too. Really happy with him so far even if he's practically untrainable. He doesn't entertain retrieving yet but maybe he'll get the idea when the real work starts. 20200530_165031.jpg.516cf152bd98f8a13bd92c62869ca4d1.jpg

20200530_124459.jpg

Cracker him ??

Same way bred as my bitch this is her brother above from the same litter 

there predominately bedlington/greyhound  bred now from lurcher to lurcher breeding of similar type on both sides of the breedings there is distant collie whippet deerhound in there but no fresh bloods of these type been added bar bedlington x greyhound added as a base blood there just bedlington lurcher worker to worker bred 

9D2E5032-E4EC-4857-8780-CBC8341CB092.jpeg

• Like 10
25 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same way bred as my bitch this is her brother above from the same litter 

there predominately bedlington/greyhound  bred now from lurcher to lurcher breeding of similar type on both sides of the breedings there is distant collie whippet deerhound in there but no fresh bloods of these type been added bar bedlington x greyhound added as a base blood there just bedlington lurcher worker to worker bred 

9D2E5032-E4EC-4857-8780-CBC8341CB092.jpeg

both cracking  dogs, fit and deff fill your freezer , regards  retrieving , it may not retrieve , some dogs dont  , more so with good lump of running dog in them, these got it both sides , i had beddys x i could never get him to retrieve either lol. funny thing me best retriever ever been Buck m y big dog, i only give him couple throws on the dummy  , he wasnt that bothered with that, but brought rabbits live back to hand with every catch, yet ive had other dogs love balls, dummy s , but  1/2 soaked  bringing rabbits  back. if the dog not showing much interest like the dog on the post at 12 months old, it might , but  wouldn't  bet on it lol

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, bird said:

both cracking  dogs, fit and deff fill your freezer , regards  retrieving , it may not retrieve , some dogs dont  , more so with good lump of running dog in them, these got it both sides , i had beddys x i could never get him to retrieve either lol. funny thing me best retriever ever been Buck m y big dog, i only give him couple throws on the dummy  , he wasnt that bothered with that, but brought rabbits live back to hand with every catch, yet ive had other dogs love balls, dummy s , but  1/2 soaked  bringing rabbits  back. if the dog not showing much interest like the dog on the post at 12 months old, it might , but  wouldn't  bet on it lol

The whole litter seems a cracking litter if I bred them I’d be well impressed with them tbh they’re all pretty uniform in type bitches all seem even in size an build it’s the same with the dogs in the litter there the same they’ve all been self enterers bar one I think that went to a sporting home they seem really keen to get on an work ray. Mines not keen on retrieving ray I’ve said to vicky that my bitch is by far the hardest bitch I’ve ever had to train to retrieve But it’ll be what it’ll be on the night if it happens it happens I’ll continue to train it if they retrieve they retrieve it’s not like there’s any numbers on the rabbit front any how so it’s not a must or that any of us a dedicated ferreters wanting ferreting types that need a retrieve or just for rabbit lampers For numbers I think everyone who’s got one of these pups are not dedicated rabbiting folk but wanted a bedlington x bred to do what there traditionally bred for obviously in the guide lines of the law an all that 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BobDown said:

Good stamp how’s he bred 

I have the dam here, easy answer is a bedlington lurcher, I did find out as much as possible about his last 6 or 7 generations of breeding which luckily is well documented so the serious answer is this as I sat down to work it all out recently

Screenshot_20200609-153131.png

4 hours ago, bird said:

He's very unenthusiastic avout toys, dummies, balls etc. At most he will chase them and pick them up, might do a little circle with them then drops them to change the game. He's had 3 rabbits on lamp, first two he brought to me but only when I left the field and he followed, the third he caught close to me so didn't need retrieving. Hoping that he'll get the idea the more he lamps that the sooner he brings it back the sooner we find another run.

The dam is a really decent retriever, not always live to hand but always comes back if she can carry it. Brings rabbits back over fences and gates and picks up partridge, pigeon and pheasant on shoots. Not sure why her pups are so different but oh well! These are bred to be alrounders and not everything needs retrieving so it's not the end of the world but it does make it easier when they bring things back.

• Like 1