Holidays abroad

We booked this before corona and stupidly paid by debit card.  When this kicked off and the restrictions came in so we couldn't go I  contacted them about refunding the money but all I got was ... "It's not our policy to give refunds, you can either book (reschedule) for later in the year or next year" !  Now if we had boòked on a credit card we would have been in a different situation.  Seeing as the situation is what it is there  doesn't seem to be anyone to ask about this sort of situation. Total bloody chaos. I could rant and rave at them down the phone but that ain't going to do any gòod.

Ps. How do Welsh plates differ from English plates?  I know Irish plates are different. 

Edited by Meece

15 hours ago, Meece said:

We booked this before corona and stupidly paid by debit card.  When this kicked off and the restrictions came in so we couldn't go I  contacted them about refunding the money but all I got was ... "It's not our policy to give refunds, you can either book (reschedule) for later in the year or next year" !  Now if we had boòked on a credit card we would have been in a different situation.  Seeing as the situation is what it is there  doesn't seem to be anyone to ask about this sort of situation. Total bloody chaos. I could rant and rave at them down the phone but that ain't going to do any gòod.

Ps. How do Welsh plates differ from English plates?  I know Irish plates are different. 

They wrap all the way around a car so you can fit the numbers and letters on. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 6
15 minutes ago, baker boy said:

No difference in the plates mate just where the car is registered, coppers are checking plates coming into Wales, if the vehicle is registered in England they stop them and turn them around if they havent got a good reason for being here

Oppression! 

Feeling so triggered right now 

Supposed to be going to Croatia at the beginning of july not heard feck all off TUI wether they have canceled or not though their quik enough to take your money gutted as I need it as a respite to get away from this shithole called Rotherham.

41 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Supposed to be going to Croatia at the beginning of july not heard feck all off TUI wether they have canceled or not though their quik enough to take your money gutted as I need it as a respite to get away from this shithole called Rotherham.

Have a week in Barnsley lol

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Have a week in Barnsley lol

Take a picture of the Taj Mahal and rub your own shit all over your top lip and bingo.....you could be on a dream holiday to India ! 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, baker boy said:

No difference in the plates mate just where the car is registered, coppers are checking plates coming into Wales, if the vehicle is registered in England they stop them and turn them around if they havent got a good reason for being here

This how so many  English wildfowlers get caught out in Scotland.  A friend who used to go to Scotland wildfowling said that they were always getting pulled for plod to look in the boot for fowl that were protected and had been shot by misidentification. ..." it's a goose, isn't it".?

What's the chance of flying further than Europe over the next few weeks does anybody know, iv regularly checked with the FCO and they have continued to advise against all but essential travel but no specific advise and iv not been able to reach them lately for one reason or another does anybody know of any updates..