1 minute ago, Sausagedog said:

You mean the 45 Kentucky rifle isn't a marmite gun ???

Everybody loves the 45 but it takes someone special to wave the long stick around 

ive never known another calibre that divides opinion like the .17 hmr

i love them, they are a cracking bit of fun ?

• Like 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll take the calibre that's as lethal as some of the keyboards on here! 

I'm going to have a go. See what  all the fuss is over! Fed up with the 22 anyway. I'm going.....are you sitting down..... Go for a 17 hmr! Now you have a short time to talk m

How did you measure the 154yds, by pacing it out? Did you have your shoe laces tied together? ? 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

He has 20g ammo. I'm gonna try it first. It has to be better for Charlie no?

Been using 17g vMax in mine mate, coming to last few of 250 now and plan to get same.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Been using 17g vMax in mine mate, coming to last few of 250 now and plan to get same.

Maybe I'll just get the one box of 20g to test with and aim to stick with 17g. Sounds all wrong don't it 17g ?

• Like 2

You will get, and hear all sorts of responses, …...

On a still day mine delivers 1" at 100 yards quite easily, on a good day I can bring that down to about 0.5 inches.   Hornady 17g V-Max.

This was a particularly good day and I bottled out of the 5th shot.

4Shots_1a_numbs.jpg.599f9eef008959d53be5b874c27403d8.jpg

Edit, obvious slight scope adjustment required!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, Deker said:

On a still day mine delivers 1" at 100 yards quite easily, on a good day I can bring that down to about 0.5 inches.   Hornady 17g V-Max.

That was good indeed.

There seems to be a pattern favouring Hornady ammunition!

15 minutes ago, Deker said:

The obvious question to ask here is "how many good days do you get as opposed to how many bad"?

I would wager considerably more on the bad.?

Oh! and mine liked Winchester 17grn didn't like Hornady at all. 

Edited by ianm
Just now, ianm said:

The obvious question to ask here is "how many good days do you get as opposed to how many bad"?

I would wager considerably more on the bad.?

The HMR delivers the goods constantly in the right conditions, if the conditions are not right I either take great care or use something else, so I tend not to have bad days! :D

Just the same, very good days as in the picture are rare, I'm easy with 1".  :thumbs:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Deker said:

The HMR delivers the goods constantly in the right conditions, if the conditions are not right I either take great care or use something else, so I tend not to have bad days! :D

Just the same, very good days as in the picture are rare, I'm easy with 1".  :thumbs:

This is the right answer, nobody should have a bad day with a HMR if they use something else. ? 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, ianm said:

This is the right answer, nobody should have a bad day with a HMR if they use something else. ? 

To be honest, these hmr’s are not as accurate as a .222 for example, so let’s not pretend they are. I’ve never seen a 100 yard half inch five shot group (like they show you in the magazines)from an hmr, even in still air. Neither have any of my shooting friends. All of whom can shoot ragged one hole groups with centrefires. I’ve put three in half inch on occasion, but never five. Maybe we don’t clamp our rifles down tight enough on a bench so that they can’t move, but then again, that’s not really shooting imo. Some believe the hype, but not me.

• Like 1