Looking to find bull x deer grey or deer Wheaton grey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deerhound sire, first cross wheatan greyhound dam; About 12 month old in the pic, belonged to a pal of mine. Cheers.  

Could u run that by me again

My lads big Deerhoundy is going over his wheaten lurcher this time around,the Deehoundy as been asked to cover several Bull bred lurcher bitches and ive advised against it,the amount of times Bull bre

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, C.green said:

The bull deerhound grey things got popular down here few seasons ago wont see one now

I had one on loan for a winter 4 or 5 years ago, keeper mate sent me it down to run when I only had a pup on. It was painful slow, couldn’t even catch white hares. It didn’t last much longer when it went back up to him he’d had enough of it

iv got two bull deer greys here dog coming on 5 and a bitch 10 months old big dogs out of dai dogs bull derhound who used to come on here and the bitch i brought up from holyhead.........thats a shite doo shadow big dog iv here nows no problems running...and catching most things

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jackthelad said:

iv got two bull deer greys here dog coming on 5 and a bitch 10 months old big dogs out of dai dogs bull derhound who used to come on here and the bitch i brought up from holyhead.........thats a shite doo shadow big dog iv here nows no problems running...and catching most things

Was a nice dog temperament wise, well behaved.

Was keen as well no matter how many it missed it always kept trying, but just had no gears at all.

I found they got overheated quickly. Wich made them look worse than they were even the shortcoated types. Make a meal of things that should of been bashed and done. Like anything bet there odd gooduns about but i cant say ive seen one i thought was better than straight bull greyhound.

like any cross iv seen bull greyhounds over heating aswell smoked if you keep these big types stripped down and fit put the time into them early with entering and decent snap into them there a difrent animal i had one 20 year ago this thing would have went threw a wall for vermin problably the best finishing dog iv saw 

Like i say mate can only say what i seen that deerhound didnt bring anything for me and how i like dogs to be. Ive personally found the wheatens abit overrated aswell but seen couple pf half x bitches id prob have a messabout with but you knew this one could allways be there last type thing. I hope youse fellers get what ya after 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, white van man said:

You are the only one I have seen or heard about with this type mate. Few on here with Wheaton x grey or Wheaton bull grey but haven’t seen any with deerhound in. How are them other ones you bred coming on? 

Young dogs are bang on Doing great. Impressing me all the time now.   .   Gifted my big dog to help a lad out up north who was left no lurcher.  And the sire is getting old and battered looking.  On the hunt for a youngster 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, C.green said:

I found they got overheated quickly. Wich made them look worse than they were even the shortcoated types. Make a meal of things that should of been bashed and done. Like anything bet there odd gooduns about but i cant say ive seen one i thought was better than straight bull greyhound.

My lads big Deerhoundy is going over his wheaten lurcher this time around,the Deehoundy as been asked to cover several Bull bred lurcher bitches and ive advised against it,the amount of times Bull bred lurcher owners want more from what the cross gives them?.He will put him over his Wheaten lurcher as the Wheaten offers far more,far more often and without the assistance the Bull lurchers are often wanting.Both Wheaten and Bull lack pace and gears,the Wheaten as more nose and nous than the Bull lurcher.I don,t believe ive ever witnessed a lurcher as useless as the straight Bull bred uns,they are one trick pony,s,good at drove to,dug to,teeth,4th rate at lurcher work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, morton said:

My lads big Deerhoundy is going over his wheaten lurcher this time around,the Deehoundy as been asked to cover several Bull bred lurcher bitches and ive advised against it,the amount of times Bull bred lurcher owners want more from what the cross gives them?.He will put him over his Wheaten lurcher as the Wheaten offers far more,far more often and without the assistance the Bull lurchers are often wanting.Both Wheaten and Bull lack pace and gears,the Wheaten as more nose and nous than the Bull lurcher.I don,t believe ive ever witnessed a lurcher as useless as the straight Bull bred uns,they are one trick pony,s,good at drove to,dug to,teeth,4th rate at lurcher work.

Can see you getting some interesting replies to this one ?