Kits near Doncaster

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've got 2 kitts left from the one litter, 2 albino males... It looks as if their spines are twisted.... I've just told the mrs to let me pts as I can't watch em suffer, they gonna die... When ferrets get sick, they go down hill very fast imo... Kids are upset, my Mrs would look and keep them going for the rest of their little lives?pickling my head... kitts from the other litter all seem fine, moving about as normal ?

She had a litter of 7, 1 gone 2 I think need PTS.

Her first litter

My first litter (not paternal)

Not sure what has happened or why but was all doing brilliant for 7weeks then just went totally downhill over 2-3 days. Hopefully I can sort the other 4 out

?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have a litter of 7 kits here. Poley x albino. Being honest it was a mistake breeding, I didnt split them soon enough. Both parents from lads on here from decent working lines. Most look silver/po

The big albino is the father. Well and truly on the rabbit meat now. All looking healthy chunky kits. First time mother done well with 7.?

Posted Images

Unfortunately the others now seem to be struggling. I'm starting to think this is a genetic or birth defect that in the wild would've taken the litter. It's her first litter so maybe that's why? It was my first breeding so maybe that's why? I don't know. 3 jills are doing the short breathing. One of them seems to have lost use of back legs. Hob seems to have lost his back legs. They are eating but I have had to move them to the food rather than them making their own way. I'm gutted.

Katchum called it.

Apologies to the fellas that had them reserved.

Unfortunately all mine bar 1 poley jill have all gone the same way you described ?rapid breathing and not moving around , wife been hand feeding them.. they will all go out together and go in the ground..... Gutted tbf... On a plus note, both my Jill's are fine... 

9 hours ago, gnipper said:

I'm sure I heard something in the past they can get botulism off ducks which makes the back end go? Might have been a plummer book when I was a kid though so probably a load of bollocks?

Thanks for that. Will have a Google see what I can find. Never had any issues wi ducks before. 

48 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Unfortunately all mine bar 1 poley jill have all gone the same way you described ?rapid breathing and not moving around , wife been hand feeding them.. they will all go out together and go in the ground..... Gutted tbf... On a plus note, both my Jill's are fine... 

Strange both litters seem to have same symptoms. 200miles plus apart. Especially when there doesn't seem to be an answer as to what it is.?‍♂️