Kits near Doncaster

Swapped ferrets around today, put the Jill's back together in the double tier hutch with the kits, made a temporary nest box on ground floor so kits don't fall down ramp. Split lads up in seperate hutches because they are starting to scrap.

IMG-20200616-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20200616-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200616-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200616-WA0014.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have a litter of 7 kits here. Poley x albino. Being honest it was a mistake breeding, I didnt split them soon enough. Both parents from lads on here from decent working lines. Most look silver/po

The big albino is the father. Well and truly on the rabbit meat now. All looking healthy chunky kits. First time mother done well with 7.?

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well, an update but not a good one.

Gone to ferrets tonight and one of my Jill kits was dead. No signs of anything before or obvious on the corpse, couple of the others look unsteady on their feet and Mother looks like she may have mastitis in her top two nipples.

Mate of mine is experienced with breeding and has dealt with mastitis in his before so put a call out to him to help. Guna keep a close eye on em tomorrow and over weekend.

First time I have bred and I know they say with livestock comes dead stock but I thought I was out the woods with the danger time.

I'm absolutely gutted.

• Sad 2

Rehoming these kits is now on hold. Don't know what's happened but they all don't look right now.

The Albino hob is really struggling. I've been up most of night with him trying to give him water and a little bit of mince. He started with heavy breathing and now is struggling to move, like his back end has gone. One of the jills is starting the heavy breathing now aswell. They are all lethargic, not coming bouncing over when I open cage. 

It hasn't been overly hot, or cold. I feed em raw put it in late afternoon and take it out mid morning so it doesn't get fly blown. Keep em clean, plenty fresh water all time. Just don't know what I've done wrong or how to fix it.

My mates dropped some antibiotics off so I've beat that into an egg and put that in with em. See if that helps.?

Anyone experience anything similar before?

I've lost all my black eyed white kitts, few silvers.over this last week . No obvious signs... All been eating, drinking and shitting no problem.... Fine in the morning when fed, evening feed time been finding them f****d or dead.. Can't work it out, done nothing different... If it was distemper then it would rip through both litters.... Mad thing is, all the dead kitts are from the same jill?she's fine in herself.... they are a week older than the other Jill's.... f***ing heartbreaking tbh... 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've lost all my black eyed white kitts, few silvers.over this last week . No obvious signs... All been eating, drinking and shitting no problem.... Fine in the morning when fed, evening feed time been finding them f****d or dead.. Can't work it out, done nothing different... If it was distemper then it would rip through both litters.... Mad thing is, all the dead kitts are from the same jill?she's fine in herself.... they are a week older than the other Jill's.... f***ing heartbreaking tbh... 

Sounds very similar to my situation DC

15 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Sounds very similar to my situation DC

I've got 2 kitts left from the one litter, 2 albino males... It looks as if their spines are twisted.... I've just told the mrs to let me pts as I can't watch em suffer, they gonna die... When ferrets get sick, they go down hill very fast imo... Kids are upset, my Mrs would look and keep them going for the rest of their little lives?pickling my head... kitts from the other litter all seem fine, moving about as normal ?

• Like 1