• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad ye

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you. If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to be

Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting

Posted Images

1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

im trying mate im ever so sorry but im not the man I used to be

You ain’t got leporosy as well have you ? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Corr f**k being your old mum or dad when there decrepit!! Poor c**ts 

It was a joke as in “I’m not half the man I used to be......” lol

My old man has been brown bread for 35 years and my old mum is 89, lives on her own, has a heart condition, can’t hardly walk , takes about 10 tablets a day and you never hear a moan out of the old girl......she has been stuck in for 16 weeks with this pandemic and hasn’t moaned once.

Her words “You just have to get on with it, least we are all alive” 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

It was a joke as in “I’m not half the man I used to be......” lol

My old man has been brown bread for 35 years and my old mum is 89, lives on her own, has a heart condition, can’t hardly walk , takes about 10 tablets a day and you never hear a moan out of the old girl......she has been stuck in for 16 weeks with this pandemic and hasn’t moaned once.

Her words “You just have to get on with it, least we are all alive” 

Life’s hard one a

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Life’s hard one a

It is what it is mate, I was taught that when life beats you up, sure take a minute to lick your wounds and feel a bit sorry for yourself, then wipe your mouth, pick yourself up and push on.......god loves a trier as they say ?

• Like 1
On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 11:19, WILF said:

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you.

If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to because of your physical and mental health......however she then has to make the case that her house may not be big enough and that you need a warden controlled gaff of your own.

Then you go to the doctor and lay it in thick about health, suicidal thoughts and all that old bollocks and get a report from the doctor.......which you then take up the housing.

They will assign you a lady for your case and then basically you just keep pestering until they find a sheltered warden controlled place.

Thats how you do it, may take a couple of months but you get there in the end.

I’ll just add, you ain’t having nothing you ain’t entitled to.....your a white old age pensioner who has worked and paid in, why shouldn’t you have a gaff near your kids ;) 

I’ll also add that if push comes to shove, you and your daughter will have to tell a few porkies and she can say she is throwing you out then they will 100% give you somewhere but, as I said, you have to go through the process.

Take Wilf's advice buddy he is talking sense you have paid in to the system all your working life you should have something  back?

5 hours ago, TOMO said:

Think Keith is more than two hours away dodger....I'm sure he lives Macclesfield way...his daughter he said is down Essex 

No disrespect to Keith tomo I genuinely wish him well n very sorry to hear about his good lady n it’s not a competition but there’s people out there that’s genuinely  got nothing not a roof over there head or a pot to piss in an dads that can’t get to see there children due to a bitch of an ex or kids thousands of miles away caught up in a web of corruption. Listen Keith this really is the best advice you will get England is a postage stamp I know your older than me so wish you no disrespect but if my kids were only two three four or whatever hours away from me right now then I would run walk or crawl to get to them even if only for 5 minutes just to hug smell and kiss them tell them I love them and always will and to not forget me and il never stop fighting. Keith mate you get one life but your daughter is literally down the road go see her, you been given a chance TAKE IT for a lot of dads to be able to see there children once a week or even once a month is better than life mate, go and see your daughter for all those that can’t atb

• Like 4
4 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

im trying mate im ever so sorry but im not the man I used to be

That was obviously tongue in cheek in answer to you saying nobody had said it yet .... HOWEVER Rightly or wrongly I see things in black and white so to me you have two options 

1. you grab yourself by the chinstrap and pull yourself up off the ground for your benefit and for the benefit of your daughter who has just got her dad back and would want to get to know the real you ......

2. You just give up and let yourself sink deeper and deeper into the black hole your looking into and never get a proper relationship with your daughter. 

I know which one I would pick .......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Dare i say it,and its not a dig at anyone,but i always tell my lads at work put money aside,buy a property,dont blow all your hard earned,its a shit job,so make your money work for you.working in the freezing cold,running up ladders,digging holes etc,then one lad will blow a days money.125 quid in 2 mins in the bookies.i told him he must be mental.we dont get a pension in this game so must prepare for retirement.you never know whats round the corner.

• Like 2

Stone me this has all gone a bit more public than id anticipated .....Keith i messaged you privately because it was....well.....private ?

After reading Keiths situation re his daughter it touched a chord with me as ive had similar scenarios with my own kids letting me back into their lives so naturally felt a bit of an impulse to help....but what i know about caravans you can write on a stamp i wouldnt know where to start !....like i said Keith i know a few people on the local council who i hoped may be able to get you towards the front of the queue it really is no more than that....ideally we would of kept this private as i certainly wouldnt want to put anyones job at risk but too late now.....like i said to you it wouldnt be an overnight thing but ive put a word in for you mate ?

• Like 9