G day I am guss from Victoria Australia

G day guss from the land from down under in victoria Australia I have being hunting with ferrets and Purse nets for around 20 years. I have always being interested in catching rabbits with long nets I have 4 fifty foot long nets with poles to hold them up and farms I can go to but I really have no idea what I am doing any advice on how to set them correctly to catch the bunnies with them would be great I have gone through the forums on your web site but unable to find the information I am looking for. All advise and ideas will be greatly appreciated 

How do Guss from over there. Have a natter with Sir Blessed on this forum (pm) who might help. When you contact him send my regards please as he's not been about for a while. Jok.

Hi. My brother in law was a keen rabbiter and  I remember when I was about 12 I was taken to a field to drag the line round to scare the rabbits in to the net.  I was shit scared all on my own out in the dark in a strange place with a very dark wood right there housing all sorts of monsters. Towing the line round the field it got hooked on a couple of thistles and was like towing a car to a 12 year old. The result was I  ended up coming in to the net about half way along the net. Still there were a few in the net.  It would have been better for me to walk up and down the field rattling a box of matches working the rabbit's in, with a steady flow.

• Like 1

Hi , mate   well come  to the nuthouse lol , regards  long nets etc, a good lad on here  Aussie Whip  , he does alot with the stinkers / nets, he does  get  quite few rabbits, he got nice stag x whippet lurcher  as well. he in Oz as well, send him a pm ,  he might have day with you , and help you out mate .:thumbs:

G day all well I was asked what kind of hunting I do I use ferrets and purse nets as where I live just out of Melbourne they are small farms between 5 to 20 acres and most people don’t like guns or dogs. Some of the land I go on is mostly flat. One of the property’s I go on is a reception centre on 15 acres not many holes but I do okay with the nets around the garden beds. The rest of the property is just open field 3 of the fence lines have tree line the front is open. The paddocks always no mater what time of day will allwas have rabbit on it some times up to 20 or even more. The owner is great as long there is nothing on I am all way welcome it’s only a phone call and a 5 minuets from home. The other property is on 10 acres and on a hill early morning and late afternoon lots of rabbits are running there are plenty of holes and take up to 50 to 60 nets. 

Gday kevi that would be great I live in whittlesea happy to come over and catch up with you. And take you out I have a place I go to it’s flat land no hills and it’s only a phone call the night befor to let the owner we will be coming up 

Hi mate; my late daughter lived in Berwick, Melbourne, and I've spent a fair amount of time there.

I just put a post up on the "Ozziedoggers" site, asking if anyone would take an old Pom out hunting, and I was inundated with offers !

Went out hunting with loads of lads from there, also had a run out with the Barwon Fox Hounds.

I don't think many were into rabbits or netting, it was mainly fox and pigs, but it might be worth you giving "Ozziedoggers" a try.

Cheers.