Deerhound x greyhound pup shooting up now

4 hours ago, Alex Crawford said:

Anybody on here give me advice on what is best to feed him , I’ve been feeding him beta junior with half a tin of tinned stuff and it’s giving him the shits most of time , any advice on something I could give him as it’s a pain in the arse picking up shit that’s came out through the eye of a needle 

He may be intolerant to grain, there's a lot of grain free options out there from barf to dry.

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't stay little for long ! I hope you have as much fun with yours as I've had with mine ? Cheers.

13 gen deer x grey. 5 1/2 month. 24tts

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Alex Crawford said:

Anybody on here give me advice on what is best to feed him , I’ve been feeding him beta junior with half a tin of tinned stuff and it’s giving him the shits most of time , any advice on something I could give him as it’s a pain in the arse picking up shit that’s came out through the eye of a needle 

Been feeding Millies Wolfheart peak performance with a good quality raw meat. Dogs looking well & running well on it, holds his weight perfect as well. It’s pricey but you can’t expect them to give 100% if you’re not doing the same for them.

Edited by Shadow100
39 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Been feeding Millies Wolfheart peak performance with a good quality raw meat. Dogs looking well & running well on it, holds his weight perfect as well. It’s pricey but you can’t expect them to give 100% if you’re not doing the same for them.

I'll second that. I found my dogs kept great condition on a mix of good quality complete and raw, including a couple of pounds of green tripe

36 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I'll second that. I found my dogs kept great condition on a mix of good quality complete and raw, including a couple of pounds of green tripe

Mine can’t get enough of tripe they love it, I’ve always been a fan of it for dogs 

82A17E0B-C30C-4989-8F69-84493B01B3D2.jpeg

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Alex Crawford said:

f***ing hell mate that looks rank I’m sure he would love it though thanks the the advice guys gonna try him on just dry stuff with a little bit of raw mince cheers 

If he has the shits it's likely his body is rejecting something and flushing his system with fluids, there's lots of good and bad diets out there but I don't think that's the issue, it's more likely you need to remove some ingredients.

I eat more than my share of bad food but still have good shits ( king Kong's finger) however if I get the shits it's usually something specific that disagrees or a stomach bug.

Atb

13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Make sure it’s summat that do able. Pointless starting dog off on poached salmon am freshly cooked spinach rice to settle its stomach then figure out you can’t afford it anymore, find summat decent an preferably raw that you can get constantly, or stock up, last deerhound x I had didn’t like eating lots a dry food yet due to his size an work load he needed it, yet he would wolf raw down by the barrow load, use some decent live yoghurt an that over it an the dog be fine, do the best you can tho as a growing dog like that needs as much as possible an for al o don’t like them, a decent dry will give it everything, so the better you can get again the better ?

I don't like complete either but it plenty good enough for most dogs just  mooching and odd nights on the lamp, most dogs don't get worked hard enough to need more elaborate diet ,once they done growing, t will be the tin stuff that give it the shits.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Alex Crawford said:

f***ing hell mate that looks rank I’m sure he would love it though thanks the the advice guys gonna try him on just dry stuff with a little bit of raw mince cheers 

Get used to feeding hime some raw tripe a couple of times a week regularly mate. Watch his coat and skin improve, and him gain some nice weight pretty quickly. You'll get over the smell pretty quickly.