Couple of hours.

Yesterday afternoon in the blazing sunshine I decided to go and check my trail cams to see what the roe buck activity was looking like.

Took my kral np02 for the walk. After checking the cams I decided to sit in my favourite part of the farm which is a very old, very little used "dingley dale" old run down farmhouse, lots of very old oak and ash trees. It was as very cool and quiet down there with only sounds being the long tailed tits and the small stream.

So I decided that although it was too early, and far too hot for the rabbits to come out there were plenty of pigeons flying in and out, so possibly get one for the pot.

Nothing happened for a good couple of hours but it was just so pleasant to be sat there watching and listening.

Suddenly three woodies flew into the big ash directly above me, put the cross hairs on the one showing the best shot. A great hit, it literally dropped stone dead at my feet.

Within twenty minutes the rabbits came out of the nearby hedge and started chasing eachother around. Chose a nice 3/4 grown that dropped cleanly other than a few twitches of the back leg.

Two others ran towards me and I managed to get both , neither knowing what happened.

That was plenty enough for me to carry back up to the van. Got home and prepped everything and had a couple of nice sheppy ciders to finish a very pleasant afternoon off.

IMG_20200602_171618.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, micky said:

3/4 grown Rabbits are the Cream of the crop ……            tandoori  for me .

Yep, I have to agree with you there Micky - nice tender meat and, a better taste than chicken. 

MT - cracking post. I do like to see the cooking bit after the hunting bit :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, dytkos said:

Did you charge the farmer for pest control?  ?

Cheers, D.

Now funny you should mention that! 

He was going on to a contract after I cleared up the initial rat infestation, but then I learned that a certain dick head in our area that thankfully finally lost their fac had the permission on this particular farm for the deer I suggested that if I have sole shooting rights I would give him the year contract free in exchange.

Needless to say he almost snatched my hand off. So we are both happy Bunnies ?

• Haha 1