Consett Lakeland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some blood from ward etc in these. I'm from near consett, like said above mousey etc have always kept tidy looking terriers but they have all put a shift in too.

Who's the top names that show their workers? 

This is a black Lakeland I got mouse which he has just pts but got pups off him and a good red bitch through this dog which is all through Robo’s stuff from teybay so you can see the stuff he has if p

Posted Images

If you like the dog's you pay your money and take your chance ive got 2 off churchy both work, quiet in kennel and not hyper when not working I would never show a dog but ian puts lots of work into his dogs stripping coats on them when my dogs coat is messy I often pop round for a coffee knowing he will end up doing her coat lol 

• Like 1

just thought i.d put my tuppence worth in, my digging buddie had two from churchy both not bad looking both worked if you call 10 min  before they surfaced, tbags was more show than work and yes i do know him having said this i only ever saw a few of his that were supposed to be workers him and mr cleaned up the shows in the early nineties.

18 minutes ago, fatlad said:

If you like the dog's you pay your money and take your chance ive got 2 off churchy both work, quiet in kennel and not hyper when not working I would never show a dog but ian puts lots of work into his dogs stripping coats on them when my dogs coat is messy I often pop round for a coffee knowing he will end up doing her coat lol 

On about taking advantage ?? Ian hates looking at a scruffy dog when it needs stripping.I don’t blame ya mate cos sometimes it’s a pain in the jenk.

mine flipped one morning and decided to get in to one with his mother she killed him and I put her down as she was to far gone to do any other I was out and came home to a blood bath they had been kenneled together from the day he was born so thought nothing of kennelling them together

49 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

If any of these lookers that were cleaning up at the shows decided one winters day that working wasn't for them what would become of it???? 

Honest replies only please. 

I know the ones I’ve said and showed a pic of worked from after breeding season until the start of the season as I believe they call it breeding season for a reason on all game.

• Like 1
On 03/06/2020 at 21:14, Lurcher89 said:

The so called top names that everyone bangs on about.... Middleton Ward Church Wild and all the rest. Always hear those names and more. My point was they all showed dogs so why can't anyone else. Like i said nowt wrong with keeping workers that look good

The early shows where more about mates and workers,that soon turned into fashionable rosette winners and the working factor took a slide that its never really recovered from.The names you mentioned id not have visited their later kennels to find a grafter,something pretty perhaps.

• Like 1

Absolutley feck all wrong with putting a working terrier into a working terrier show.

Shows may not be every terriermans cup of tee but ALL that i know of that keep a line are proud of their dogs look and form.

As i said, as long as terriers are first and formost bred to graft, nowt wrong with summer showing.... 

Playing Devil's Advocate sort of here, nothing wrong with putting a terrier into a show but sometimes people took it serious and wanted to win . Maybe shrouded their judgement in dogs that were bred from or bought in ? And once a successful show winning line is established other people want to join the party and are willing to pay the membership fee. Having said that I see terrier pups for sale now on internet sites for money that at one time would be potential Great Yorkshire show winners that would not win a waggiest tale class. 

• Like 1
Just now, eastcoast said:

Playing Devil's Advocate sort of here, nothing wrong with putting a terrier into a show but sometimes people took it serious and wanted to win . Maybe shrouded their judgement in dogs that were bred from or bought in ? And once a successful show winning line is established other people want to join the party and are willing to pay the membership fee. Having said that I see terrier pups for sale now on internet sites for money that at one time would be potential Great Yorkshire show winners that would not win a waggiest tale class. 

Do you remember the Harrogate show when the pavilion was full of terrierfolk and the majority of the blood in the ring was work bred orientated,it was not that long ago.Again i owned a lakey that won a massive pup class in that ring,i ended up with him a little later.The shows and rosettes became the devils advocate.

• Like 1

Some blood from ward etc in these. I'm from near consett, like said above mousey etc have always kept tidy looking terriers but they have all put a shift in too.

Snapchat-1533492518.jpg

Edited by jossa
  • Like 5