Consett Lakeland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some blood from ward etc in these. I'm from near consett, like said above mousey etc have always kept tidy looking terriers but they have all put a shift in too.

Who's the top names that show their workers? 

This is a black Lakeland I got mouse which he has just pts but got pups off him and a good red bitch through this dog which is all through Robo’s stuff from teybay so you can see the stuff he has if p

Posted Images

Far as i know they show and work them. Well bred. It's the same with all dogs terriers lurchers etc some will make the grade and others won't. Personally i like a worker that looks good. All the top names show and work dogs so why can't the rest of us

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
49 minutes ago, Lurcher89 said:

Far as i know they show and work them. Well bred. It's the same with all dogs terriers lurchers etc some will make the grade and others won't. Personally i like a worker that looks good. All the top names show and work dogs so why can't the rest of us

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The so called top names that everyone bangs on about.... Middleton Ward Church Wild and all the rest. Always hear those names and more. My point was they all showed dogs so why can't anyone else. Like i said nowt wrong with keeping workers that look good

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lurcher89 said:

The so called top names that everyone bangs on about.... Middleton Ward Church Wild and all the rest. Always hear those names and more. My point was they all showed dogs so why can't anyone else. Like i said nowt wrong with keeping workers that look 

Your free to do as you like with your dogs. 

But don't believe much you here round a show ring. 

6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Your free to do as you like with your dogs. 

But don't believe much you here round a show ring. 

I believe something when i see it haha never had my dogs in a show ring tbh but they do the job they bred for. That's what matters isn't it? 

16 minutes ago, Lurcher89 said:

I believe something when i see it haha never had my dogs in a show ring tbh but they do the job they bred for. That's what matters isn't it? 

Indeed it is so dont get to caught up with the pretty ones. 

Cheers. It's mouseys mate I'm talking about, i bought a pup off him awhile back, mousey turned up to see him though, he was saying he keeps pats now. From what they were telling me they had the same stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any stuff off them and how they turned out, whether that's work or show. Think the fella was called John 

Lakelands and Russells were the most popular working types in NE England at one time. Terriers that were bred for work but also of a type that would get placed at shows during summer months. I met up with a lad who I hadn't seen for about 20 years recently and he still keeps that same type of Lakeland but admitted that they don't get the same type and amount of work that we once gave them. More to do with not having the same enthusiasm these days and present laws rather than the dogs not being capable. 

11 hours ago, Lurcher89 said:

Cheers. It's mouseys mate I'm talking about, i bought a pup off him awhile back, mousey turned up to see him though, he was saying he keeps pats now. From what they were telling me they had the same stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any stuff off them and how they turned out, whether that's work or show. Think the fella was called John 

The stuff he has in at the minute is a red bitch and stuff off a black dog from a lads stuff from Tebay that I put him onto.

6 hours ago, lurchers said:

The stuff he has in at the minute is a red bitch and stuff off a black dog from a lads stuff from Tebay that I put him onto.

Ok. They bred well? The pup i bought was off a black bitch and red dog. 2 year old now. Seemed like a canny fella tbh so is John tbag ? Or they two different people? Said he kept black stuff and switched to reds, know he judges and won a lot of shows. Heard we works them but a couple of people said they are only show. He said they work and was telling me about digs he's been on. Over the moon with the dog I've got his stuff