AT WHAT AGE.

At what age do use think is the time you see the most growth in your dogs. I’ve always found from 3 to 6 month is where there body changes the most. 
Does any of use supplement there food with anything also. 
Just interested in other people’s opinions 

22 minutes ago, craigo said:

At what age do use think is the time you see the most growth in your dogs. I’ve always found from 3 to 6 month is where there body changes the most. 
Does any of use supplement there food with anything also. 
Just interested in other people’s opinions 

I'd agree with those ages. The only supplements I've ever used were SA37, lactol and vetzyme oil. But all only used sparingly as the quality of food I was feeding improved ?

Just remembered, also used to use vitapet oil. But that was years ago ?

Edited by shaaark
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I'd agree with those ages. The only supplements I've ever used were SA37, lactol and vetzyme oil. But all only used sparingly as the quality of food I was feeding improved ?

Yeah I just try feed good food and raw tbf rather than supplements. Up to 3 month they seem slow Growing apart from some mind so just seem to shoot up from 6 week.  

• Like 2

Think your on the mark at 3 to 6 months Craigo. I think seaweed powder used sparingly is a good supplement at any age. Contains lots of trace elements and seems to make the coat shine like glass. I found the old SA37 good too but wouldn't feed any supplement as a matter of course. Personally I only use that kind of thing at times of stress or when getting them fit. Most "complete" foods contain added vitamins already and too much can be as bad as not enough.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Think your on the mark at 3 to 6 months Craigo. I think seaweed powder used sparingly is a good supplement at any age. Contains lots of trace elements and seems to make the coat shine like glass. I found the old SA37 good too but wouldn't feed any supplement as a matter of course. Personally I only use that kind of thing at times of stress or when getting them fit. Most "complete" foods contain added vitamins already and too much can be as bad as not enough.

Agree there M F, but I was talking before complete dog food was readily available ?

• Like 1

All the puppies i've reared over the past 25 years have had Hollings Meat & Bone Meal added to one feed a day. All have done well with it.

I was put on to it back then by an old greyhound man, who said it'd give 'substance' to my dogs and i recon he was right...

My last whippet...

IMG-20150411-WA0002.jpg

?

25 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

All the puppies i've reared over the past 25 years have had Hollings Meat & Bone Meal added to one feed a day. All have done well with it.

I was put on to it back then by an old greyhound man, who said it'd give 'substance' to my dogs and i recon he was right...

My last whippet...

IMG-20150411-WA0002.jpg

?

Any good then? The additive not the Whippet?