Back at the livery yard

After leaving it for a few weeks I went to the livery yard to try and get a few more for the owner. I arrived early evening and saw that my efforts of the previous visit had made precisely zero impact on numbers as there were rabbits everywhere! I crawled into position from the access point to a nice spot near at least a dozen feeding coneys and lined up my first shot, just as I was about to squeeze the trigger every rabbit feeding suddenly ran I hadn’t moved and couldn’t understand it then the problem quite literally presented itself...a big out of control rough haired vizsla came bounding over and proceeded to lap the paddock scaring every rabbit away and causing the horses to bolt. A fat women came waddling after the dog and eventually got it under control but no apologies despite my look of pure evil I gave her and the fact it is very much private land she was trespassing on. I stayed in my spot for around 20 mins and rabbits started to show first shot was only 15 yards away and... I missed it. I thought this is going to be one of those nights. I ended up amazingly getting 23 despite shooting pretty poorly if I am honest. This shows just how many there are on these two fields and nothing about my prowess with a rifle!!!! I’ll be back in a few weeks, hopefully with 43 in two trips landowner will start to see a difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

23 is fair old number mate, what do you do with them all?, good bit of shooting too

Thanks mate, landowner was pleased. I have 3 dogs and 10 adult ferrets and hungry litter of kits! They get through them at a pretty serious pace! I also have a few people I’ll give them to for themselves. Never go to waste  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, big napper said:

Nice one bob, thats a good amount to get in a few hours pal, what are you shooting with, sounds a great place.

Thanks mate, I shoot with an air arms s410 .177. Lovely rifle in my opinion, has been pretty much faultless as a bunny basher. It’s a great place to shoot, only real issue is a footpath on the edge and the fact there’s a constant stream of horsey girls disturbing you and the rabbits. Can’t go there and there’s no one there! Including a vegan!

46 minutes ago, chrismdd said:

Sounds like you've got your arms full there with the numbers available. Nice to hear from a fellow S410 .177 user, cracking rifles.

Thanks mate, yes I think they are brilliant! best air rifle I have ever used. Never have to site it either just pick it up and start knocking over bunnies! 

• Like 1